For Sale Since we are accustomed to terrible photos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmine

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I thought I'd present the other end of that spectrum. Behold:

00505_cR5x2n5rquF_600x450.jpg

00U0U_cgfkpkFEM39_600x450.jpg

00b0b_aA0r9ldM4y3_600x450.jpg

00O0O_2t0uOF2BsHU_1200x900.jpg

1985 Chrysler 5th Ave - AMAZING CONDITION

Of course, the photos are still kind of dumb because they're all the same angle, but at least they aren't next to the dumpster at a liquor store.

00Z0Z_kmNCUe0gxmj_600x450.jpg

One at least from the other side with open doors.

Not a garden hose in site!
I always liked that 5th Ave. model.

I could see me enjoy the interior accomodations, the outside never did anything to me.

My Dada owned one for a few years once he downsided from a Lincoln Town Car..
Drove very nicely

Looks nice, always thought this was a sharp model. But the ad states that Grandma hardly ever drove it, it was in the garage covered and surrounded by cardboard. Then how did it rack up 143,000 miles? :confused:

Looks nice, always thought this was a sharp model. But the ad states that Grandma hardly ever drove it, it was in the garage covered and surrounded by cardboard. Then how did it rack up 143,000 miles? :confused:
Seldom drove it, but when she did...ROAD TRIP!!!!

Dad’s 83 was a dark blue with matching leather interior. Gorgeous car, handled and ran well with a 360. If it weren’t a company car i would have put some heavy duty shocks on the thing.

I had an 82 New Yorker for $350, swapped the non functional lean burn for an eddy intake and 1406. Ran great, got rid of it cause I got some other cheap ride.

Later I got an 84 Fifth Ave formerly owned by a priest for $400. The car was stolen and recovered right away when he owned it. He must have blessed the car, because it ran flawlessly. My ******* roommate told a guy towing his junk we'd probably have him tow it, so the bastard did just that! I couldn't find the title so I didn't bother trying to get it back. Found it in the car when u was getting my crap out of it at the towing company. That came in handy when he wanted to charge me for a car the state patrol towed, illegally IMO (blood on the bumper, over a year old, and a cracked windshield). I really liked the Fifth Ave, drove very nice, comfy, and had some get up and go!

I like these cars, but not even close to buying anything over $1000, just can't do it. And when did they become so valuable? 10 years ago, you could get them for next to nothing. Barrett Jackson syndrome?

Saw a similar car in every aspect as this one. Grandma, hardly drove it, doesn't drive anymore, and high miles. Yet to top it off it was a 4 speed in the console. Yet since "Grandma" happens to be one of the most used words, in relation to Craigslist cars, go with it anyway.

At $6500 it should still be for sale in the year 2100.

I like these cars, but not even close to buying anything over $1000, just can't do it. And when did they become so valuable? 10 years ago, you could get them for next to nothing. Barrett Jackson syndrome?

Locu they are not valuable.
They lister must have sun burned brain cells
to think 6500$ for a car with LOTS of miles
that leaks oil and needs window motors is
worth that kind of money ...

Last edited:
Locu they are not valuable.
They lister must have sun burned brain cells
to think 6500$ for a car with LOTS of miles
that leaks oil and needs window motros is
worth that kind of money ...
I think the cheapest one I've seen was $3500. Bunch of kids trying to cash in on grandma's car after she died.

Look at what else that kind of money will buy on the used car market today. 13 year old Impalas and Regals. One major repair and they're "totaled". At least that old 5th Avenue is "known", repairable, and CAN appreciate in value. Plus . . . it's a Chrysler!

CBODY67

I worked at a Chrysler-Plymouth dealership in 84 -85 and can remember doing the new car prep on them when they came in. They needed nothing in the way of pre-delivery warranty work to fix something the factory screwed up. When they were sold they never came back for any quality control issues. Their weak spot was the 7 1/4 inch differential they used. It was too small for that size car. After a few years they just gave out. It was the flagship of Ma Mopar and the last rear wheel drive passenger car available (along with the Gran Fury & Diplomat).

Heck at least they're honest about the mileage. We should archive this one and see how long it takes to appear at the wheeler dealer/flipper 'Refreshed' to 43k miles.
:wideyed:

Oh and BTW Granma's & Aunties will sometime go for the yearly if not bi-yearly oil change service.
Back in the 60's/70's this was very common to neglect service. I come across many cars that had oil changes at 30k intervals. Lot's of people would not service it just because they were going to trade it in 2 years whether it was company car or personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back