Since we're talking about wheels...

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Here's something that I found interesting.

Here's a Salon wheel. next, check out the 1961 Imperial wheel cover!

2lkac6v.jpg

2lbgmmq.jpg

While we're at it, here's an optional wheel cover from the '61 IMP. Drop dead gorgeous.

295zmgj.jpg

Imperials had some wonderful wheel covers, that's for sure. They were so heavy in some cases that they needed to be balanced as well.

Can you imagine hitting a pot hole on the expressway and hearing one of those gold ones rolling off into hubcap heaven?

I know some guys that have wheel covers for driving and wheel cover that they swap out for showing. I can understand why...

That gold Imp wheel cover is beautiful!

Exner Forward Look cars are real automotive design art!

Imagine what the cost would be for a wheel cover like those today. Gorgeous is what they are, an art like an album cover that the world forgot about

Agreed, like jewelry!

If you could stretch those imp covers out to 24" you could name your price considering wheels that look like that go for like $1000+.

I bet it would extremely difficult or impossible to find a set of those in NOS today.

I know some guys that have wheel covers for driving and wheel cover that they swap out for showing. I can understand why...

Like Ross. lol
I have a set that will go with the car to the next owner. They won't go back on as long as I own the car.

I've never been a fan of hubcaps in any form. Buy some decent wheels......

Back