Slowly, Slowly '65 300 L

Kevin Mulholland

Reaction score
Finished installing new sending unit, fuel lines from tank to carb, and fuel filter to go with a new pump. Kept it stock, used 5/16 Niccop lines. You can see one of the new lines by the old one prior to installation. I've also figured out how to post pics. Still have a lot of sorting out to do around the engine. One day at a time. May2nd2022.JPGIMG_0130.JPGIMG_0131.JPGIMG_0136.JPGIMG_0137.JPGIMG_0138.JPG

Good job on the bending!
I never use stainless steel repop lines.
They are very hard and do leak.
The nicop lines are easy to work with and seal properly

I see you routed the fuel line from the pump to the carb behind the distributer as it should be done. Too many people get lazy on that. Nice work.

Damn thats gorgeous. A black 2 door 65' 300 is my dream car. Nice ride man. Does the ac work in that thing?
Thanks, and I hope I can get the a/c working. Most of the electricals in under the dash are in terrible shape. I'm starting on them next week. The heat and a/c electrical system is totally dead-intact but no juice going to it. Same with the power windows. The motorized driver's seat still moves. The previous owner said the a/c was working before the electrical was nuked so I'm hopeful.

Good job on the bending!
I never use stainless steel repop lines.
They are very hard and do leak.
The nicop lines are easy to work with and seal properly
Thanks. I really like the nicop. They do seal really well and are easier to flare by hand. The only problem I've had is with cutting them. I have to be very gentle using a pipe cutter or I squash them. Mostly I stick a cutting wheel on my dremel and zip on through.

Thanks. I really like the nicop. They do seal really well and are easier to flare by hand. The only problem I've had is with cutting them. I have to be very gentle using a pipe cutter or I squash them. Mostly I stick a cutting wheel on my dremel and zip on through.
Nice job with the lines. Best way to cut tubing is with a rotating tubing cutter, shown in the right background of this pic.

20220208_141632.jpg

Back