Small block motor mounts

Knebel

Reaction score
Hi,

...im going through the fury right now to check for some maintenance items i have to replace before I loose the garage...

This time: motor mounts. My fury came with a 318 but the PO installed a 360. I have always noticed how the engine shakes a lot at idle, im also still have that weird "clunck" when taking off and also sometimes when stopping. Cant find anything wrong with suspension.

Im looking to find some engine mounts for both sides but am a little confused about which are the right ones. I only see rubber blocks with two bolts sticking out and it does not look like this is the right thing. The schumacher polyloc have this "u" shaped bracked on them which mounts on the frame... I just dont have/cant justify $200 for that. Anyone who could point me to the right mounts?

Hmm, even napa lists 3 different ones for the small block.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/ani-2250My mounts look a lot like this....

But its a 360 and no big block...im fairly certain about this.

Drivers side, passanger side
CAM01097.jpgCAM01099.jpg

CAM01097.jpg

CAM01099.jpg

My fury came with a 318 but the PO installed a 360. I have always noticed how the engine shakes a lot at idle,...?

I would remove the small access cover on the bottom of your bell housing and turn the engine in increments to be sure that you have a weighted torque converter for the externally balanced 360.

Back