So how is the new site software?

Not there, I hit New Posts every time I look now.

Screenshot_4.jpg

Oh, yeah --- my mistake. That feature no longer exists.

Oh, so sad. I always found it interesting to read where new people come from and what made them sign up here. I've also been positively surprised many a time when people who I know personally have registered here.
Is there a chance that the old function will be activated again?
Or has the registration procedure changed with the update so that you no longer have to write an introduction?

Oh, so sad. I always found it interesting to read where new people come from and what made them sign up here. I've also been positively surprised many a time when people who I know personally have registered here.
Is there a chance that the old function will be activated again?
Or has the registration procedure changed with the update so that you no longer have to write an introduction?
I agree this feature should be reactivated.

Sorry, but that doesn't work. The latest post from a newly member in Welcome Wagon is from January 13

1643097451122.png

Like anything new, it takes a while to get used to new routines.

What I still don't like at this point is the way external links are signalled. Links are difficult to spot anyway, and the site icon that used to introduce them is gone.

I found that icon really useful, because from here (Europe) some sites just don't show up (and knowing that I won't click them) or show surprisingly different responses when clicking them (Facebook! Don't get me going about Facebook!). The icon, when it was still there, saved me from several frustrating "user experiences", as they are called.

Last edited:
Sorry, but that doesn't work. The latest post from a newly member in Welcome Wagon is from January 13

View attachment 511303
Well that's pooched then, heh read my sig, how true how true. I just deviated away from this post/thread to check on something and had a hell of a time getting back to this post. My usual way around was to click the recent link and I would find the recent read/place I had been on, no not now, so off to the main forum page, not in general, almost got tempted to get sidetrack to the funny mods page, concentrate, back to forums list page, oh there it is in the top sticky website suggestion,,, post.

Seems the new forum software can't add/sort out the welcome wagon page no more.

Maybe this thread needs to be moved to the Jokes & and Anything goes section <ducks>

Sorry I just spent 3 hours getting my Windows 10 menu hack back last night, sheeech.

that's only because a new member, when registering, is not forced to make a welcome post (yet - I plan to get feature that custom made)

The welcome wagon forum itself is working fine.

they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern'

No. Websites need to be updated for reasons such as security and because other software (like server software, database software, etc) also gets updated and newer versions wont work with older software. Updating the software also allows me to get new features created.

that's only because a new member, when registering, is not forced to make a welcome post (yet - I plan to get feature that custom made)

The welcome wagon forum itself is working fine.

No. Websites need to be updated for reasons such as security and because other software (like server software, database software, etc) also gets updated and newer versions wont work with older software. Updating the software also allows me to get new features created.
Updates like versions & security can be done seamlessly, but the format and features? Sometimes the KISS factor needs to be applied. JMO

Back