So I bought this one today.

Any updates? Life keeping you busy, sir?
No updates, I haven’t had time for it since the last update. Client work, elderly parents and other family stuff has all but snuffed any time for working on any of the cars. I’m disappointed but can’t complain.:thankyou:

Finally made some time to get the wheelhouse patch tacked in place. Now I can move it out of the way so I can install my hoist.:thumbsup:
IMG_6728.jpeg

Been watching your resto @detmatt for a while, and am very impressed with your work and commitment to bring your Imperial back to the beauty it was 50+ years ago.
As for life's unexpected challenges, no one will find fault with adjusting priorties that matter the most. But on the other hand, you probably needed the break.
Still watching....

After much consideration I decided where to make all of the cuts and went for it.
IMG_6855.jpeg

Did the same on the doner piece and the first dry fit looks great! A little more trimming and I can get back to making it permanent.
IMG_6857.jpeg
IMG_6858.jpeg

Looks GREAT, Matt! I did almost exactly the same with the Monaco's quarters and trunk extensions. These are only a few pics - I used parts from Arizona (Desert Valley) plus from a low mileage write-off 4 door that I'd bought years ago. Best choices - factory parts, just dropped right in!
P.S. donor quarter at door opening (skin removed).jpg
P.S. Donor quarter skin and lower inner lip removed.jpg
P.S. tail light opening (skin removed).jpg
P.S. trunk ext.jpg
passenger side quarter extension.jpg
Wheel lip repair pc from donor quarter 3.jpg
Wheel lip repair pc screwed in place before welding 1.jpg
Wheel lip repair pc screwed in place before welding 2.jpg

20180317_222720.jpg
20180317_222729.jpg

Looks GREAT, Matt! I did almost exactly the same with the Monaco's quarters and trunk extensions. These are only a few pics - I used parts from Arizona (Desert Valley) plus from a low mileage write-off 4 door that I'd bought years ago. Best choices - factory parts, just dropped right in!View attachment 639010View attachment 639011View attachment 639012View attachment 639013View attachment 639014View attachment 639015View attachment 639016View attachment 639017

View attachment 639018View attachment 639019
Thanks for sharing the Rare shots of the car,Ross!
Elvis sightings are more common! Lol!!
:lol::poke:

After trimming and tightening it up I’d say it fits perfectly! Just clamped in place for these pics. Now I’ll take it back off and do the bodywork on it before final installation and also finish welding in the wheelhouse patch. There are also a few more metal repairs to take care of on the original metal in the adjacent areas but I feel like this was a major hump to get over. Lots of work left!
IMG_6866.jpeg
IMG_6867.jpeg
IMG_6868.jpeg
IMG_6869.jpeg
IMG_6870.jpeg
IMG_6871.jpeg
IMG_6872.jpeg
IMG_6873.jpeg

Back