So I test drove this one today…

Samplingman

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
…very impressive. Waking up the 6.4 on a wet road, not so smart, but the traction control kicked in and it just launched. So much better than the Chally R/T I drove last year. Now the trick is finding an extra $53k in spare change…

IMG_1491.jpeg

The Challenger was the 5.7, correct?

The 6.4 is a beast. If you want a daily driver, get the 5.7. If it's for fun, start at the 6.4.
I can see how you thought it was fun, knowing what you're driving now.

…very impressive. Waking up the 6.4 on a wet road, not so smart, but the traction control kicked in and it just launched. So much better than the Chally R/T I drove last year. Now the trick is finding an extra $53k in spare change…

View attachment 647335
Best secure one before they are out of production. Isn’t this the last year?

Those supposedly sold out instantly when they put them up for sale. There are several at local dealers right now so I think a lot of people with deposits backed out. I would think that you could get one for less than MSRP.

Sticker on this one was $56k, so this was below at $53. I’ve been following them on Auto Trader for a few months and there are plenty out there across the country. This dealer in PA had three of them up until last week. It was close to my work so I really wanted to drive one while I had the chance.

Based on what’s out there, the white is the least popular color, this one had been on the lot for two months and actually had a dead battery when I showed up for the drive.

No comparison to my 265 hp v6, just incredible instant power, but cruised nicely when I let off the gas, best of both worlds IMHO, I can see no issues as a DD. And, it was very quiet in the cabin, something I was concerned with after trying the Challenger. Maybe my age or just tired of being bounced around, I liked the luxury, lol.

Unfortunately, I’m going to have to wait a bit, just don’t have the coin right now. I might have to get one on the rebound or settle for a less expensive model if they are still around later this year.

Back