So, what spindles will work for a disk brake conversion?

'69 -'73 C-body.

The '68 and older would fit, but have dual piston calipers and unobtainable lower ball joints.

The '69 -'72 have a 2 peice rotor and the '73 is one piece.

'69 -'73 C-body.

The '68 and older would fit, but have dual piston calipers and unobtainable lower ball joints.

The '69 -'72 have a 2 peice rotor and the '73 is one piece.

Now you did it, the Mobile parts guy will be all over this two piece rotor thing

I see, Drums might be what I get stuck with, I hear the 69 -'73 C-body Disc Brake parts are made of Unatainium,

I'll put my drums back together and will keep an eye out for what I need.

Thank you.

Nick

Uless you're planning on entering a lot of gymkanas, nothing wrong with drums.
Personally, I think disc brake conversions are too expensive for what small advantage the give you.

< Sent from my tablet >

Last edited:
Stan is correct, you are keeping the small block with no suspension upgrades. Stay with the drums, they'll be fine

Thanks guys, Yes it's just going to be a cruiser, not building a full blown grand national stock car, just going to be doing some tooling around town on nice days, maybe a few passes down the 1/4 mile for laughs but that's about it.

and with the 1/4 mile track you have another 1/4 to slow down, you dont need discs

Many Many years ago at Englishtown you told me ( actually argued) they didnt put two piece rotors in 70 and 71 Polaras.. Looks like you are the one getting smarter....

I see, Drums might be what I get stuck with, I hear the 69 -'73 C-body Disc Brake parts are made of Unatainium,

I'll put my drums back together and will keep an eye out for what I need.

Thank you.

Nick
Check out scare bird brakes, unless you are a purist, total cost was less then 450.00, and I could not be happier with my set. Easy install too.

Back