So what was your very first car bought and paid for?

Have owned 2 different '63 Impalas over the years myself. If I didn't love Mopars so much I'd probably have another Impala/Biscayne/Bel-Air.

Glenn

My first car is a truck. I bought it April 1998 When I was 16. It's a 1985 d150 factory 360-4bbl automatic I still have it. It's not ever for sale! !

1965 Pontiac Laurentian. 283 3spd manual. I was 15. Traded straight across for a 56 Plodge Regent 2 dr hard top. Flathead Powerflite. The 56 was the first one I had on the road.

Kevin

Okay , my first love was a big, proud C-Body. A 1966 Dodge Monaco 4 door hard top, with 383ci. Here she is:
image.jpg

I bought her from an old lady down the street when I was 15 years old for $300. The transmission was slipping but she was in pretty good condition and drivable. A saved my money and had the 727 rebuilt and did the rest myself (gaskets, fuel pump, filters, hoses, brake master cylinder, wheel cylinders and shoes).

image.jpg

I'm not a Chevy guy per se but I do appreciate a nice car no matter who built it.

This car has such beautiful clean lines and it does look great in white and not at all like a refrigerator.

my first love of cars is mopar as dad always had them around and worked for plymouth. My 63 saw alot of street action and alot of engines as I had a need for speed, it was a stripped down car with a am radio and a heater, nothing else. Not much into chevys either as too many had them in the high school parking lot, (why I went to mopars) Its one of those cars I coulda, woulda, shoulda...

1966 Ford Galaxy 500. Two door hardtop. Maroon with black interior. 289 auto. One of the best looking I ever owned.

Have owned 2 different '63 Impalas over the years myself. If I didn't love Mopars so much I'd probably have another Impala/Biscayne/Bel-Air.

Glenn

This is the first of 2 belair/ impalas I've owned. Here's when it was first towed home.
I still have the orig quarter panel "belair" name and 6 fender marker on my toolbox. Would love to see pics of your cars.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Last edited:
106559 1983 right front.jpg

I met this car in 1975..... that started it all for me. She became mine in 83'. My Pop Pop was driving big Dodges long before I was born

106559 1983 right front.jpg

My first car was a 69 Sport Fury red with black interior and top. It was my fathers first new car.

I was 17, I bought a 10 year old '73 MGB with 20,000 miles. I still own it and it still only has 86,000 original miles.

IMG_20140704_160310557_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140704_160310557_HDR.jpg

Mine was a 68 Mercury Cougar aka "The money pit"... similar to the one pictured here below
I paid $50.00 for it and didn't stop paying for a year with the money I dumped into it...

I blew up 3 engines & 2 tranny's in one summer...
1968_mercury_cougar-pic-34379.jpeg

Put over $3000 into it back in 1979 and sold it for $300.00

I heard a few years later it burned up in a garage fire..

I am certain it was possessed and destined to cost anyone who owned that car..
i think the new owner burned it on purpose to teach it a lesson...

1969 300 4 door hard top with the L code TNT 440. Sure grip 2.96 and would lay rubber as long as I kept my foot in it. Paid $345 at a donation action. That baby had a back seat that went on for days as well :yaayy:

I bought my first car in 1975, a '66 Dodge Dart 4-door, 273 2-bbl A/T, for $650. The only redeeming quality the car had was that it was all mine. Gutless, 13mpg (something was wrong with it obviously), 4 doors. You can see the nose of the car in this photo, sandwiched between Dad's '59 VW and my sister's '71 Vega...
66_Dart270_Bainbridge.jpg

Three years (and two other cars) later I'd moved up to a '61 300-G. :)
61_300G_Poulsbo02.jpg

My first car was a green 1969 Sport Fury Convertible with black roof, black interior, 318 automatic, console, bucket seats similar to what I have pictured below but a sport fury. I bought it in 1976 for a grand. I bought it a day after I graduated high school.

007.jpg

1st one waz ah '37 phord 2door sedan. MY $12 car found under an avacado tree droppin' itz fruit thru' the rotted out canvass roof in Whittier, SoCal. foevah ago. .50 for 2 gallonz, cleaned and gapped the spark plugz with ah hacksaw blade borrowed ah battery and fired that mother up and down the road I went. No plate, no insurance, no worries, crazy az ah loon. Sold it for $40 ah few months later to use az ah down payment when the neighbor across the street offered me hiz '32 3 window which I made $20 ah month payments on for almost ah year with ah $200 baloon at the end too, but that'z another whole story. Sorry no pix, Jer

First car was a 63 Chevy II 4 door given to me by my grandfather. First car I paid for was a 74 Dodge Dart sport, /6, 3spd manual steering manual brake. Blew up the original /6 put a second in, started making plans to put a BB in when the frame rails started breaking out of the car. Then once I was in the Navy and settled into San Diego I bought the 69 Barracuda in my thread drove for a while then put the BB in it.

Old Kodaks from Summer of 1978.

Flush with summer earnings from working at the Chevrolet Plant in Warren Michigan...$9.00 per hour was ALL the money in the world when gas was 50 cents a gallon and my only bills were for gasoline and fast food.

Yes, CB antennas and curb feelers...thats what we (at least me) did in 1978:sunny:

1971 Camaro Rally Sport, 1975 Ford Elite (in both pictures). Still own the Camaro to this day. Elite sacrificed in 1982 to pay tuition.

First Cars.jpg

First Cars.jpg

1968 Olds Toronado, paid $400 for it in 1977. Couldn't find any pics of it so I chose a few off the internet. It was gold with a black vinyl top with a 455 that got around 8mpg, 375hp and 510 lbs torque. For a big car it was fast. I think with this car is when I decided to always drive something that few other people would driveimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back