Some Bitter words on Facebook

I agree that it is more fun to drive a 440 instead of a 318.
But the problem is that the E-Body guys are not too amused when we want to pull their engines :)))

That's true but, how many more C-Bodies need to be donated to the A-Body, B-Body, E-Body engine donor program? A 440 is great but, a 5.2 Magnum will swap in place of a LA 318 or 5.9 Magnum. These are younger guys on a budget like myself that want something cool but, also use their older rides as a daily.

I've been wanting to post something along the lines of "I have a near-pristine '70 Challenger R/T, 440 auto, loaded out. But, I have this mint '71 Newport Custom 4-door sedan with a 318 auto that is just screaming for a 440! So, I'm looking to do an engine swap. There are too damn many 440 Challengers out there anyway, who's gonna miss one??? Plus, the 318 will make the Challenger so much safer to drive for my newly-licensed 16-year old. Any ideas?"

I have no problem with a 318 car. One thing I loved about the old B-Body I owned with the 318 was that while it wasn't a powerhouse it was still peppy and got good mpg for a big car with highway gears. I loved how it cruised however, the manual steering and drums brakes was a different story.

My new tah me '94 B-250 W/48K milez on it haz ah 318 heart and I'd forgotten how peppy they were. And I have it on good authority that the newer onez Mother iz even putting good roller chainz and "STEAL" timing gearz in 'um, uh-rah. I got so quick 'n good in the mid '70s on pullin' the nose off the my maxie'z, I could swap timing setz and be back drivin' in ah couple hourz! The only issue waz that I alwayz wondered if the timing cover got sealed well to the pan and I'd watch where I parked it for dayz

The 318 I once seemed to be far less fickle then the bb motors. Always started in the hottest heat on the first time, had bad valve/lifter chatter, leaks left and right (very high milage)...but it was always dependable. Almost as indestructible as the leaning 6.

That's true but, how many more C-Bodies need to be donated to the A-Body, B-Body, E-Body engine donor program? A 440 is great but, a 5.2 Magnum will swap in place of a LA 318 or 5.9 Magnum. These are younger guys on a budget like myself that want something cool but, also use their older rides as a daily.

that is all fine.
If you are on a budget a 318 car can still be fun.

I personally come from the "more power" corner and despite one all my Cs are factory 440 cars.
I had a 318 B-body once as a winter beater and hated it for being slow.
But again everyone has different tastes and budgets,too.
I couldn't do a lot of stuff today if I wouldn't have started with the hobby more than 20 years ago so in this point I have luck being on the older side

Carsten

I don't need the 440... Big blocks are nice but it really wouldn't stop the purchase of the right car

BTW, I meant to ask. Whatz ah face book??????????

9780316789707.jpg

book-faces.jpg
book-face_EERcQ_59.jpg

I've been wanting to post something along the lines of "I have a near-pristine '70 Challenger R/T, 440 auto, loaded out. But, I have this mint '71 Newport Custom 4-door sedan with a 318 auto that is just screaming for a 440! So, I'm looking to do an engine swap. There are too damn many 440 Challengers out there anyway, who's gonna miss one??? Plus, the 318 will make the Challenger so much safer to drive for my newly-licensed 16-year old. Any ideas?"

Yeah, I'd love to see the looks on their faces. :laughing7: Or the other typical C-body CL ad..." A 1970 Monaco 2-door HT for sale, good body, no engine, no trans. If not sold by this weekend it goes to the crusher on Monday". Now picture the looks on their faces if it read... "a 1970 Dodge Challenger Six Pack, good body. Engine and trans were pulled for my '70 Monaco. If the Challenger isn't sold by this weekend it will go to the crusher on Monday." I'd love to see their reaction to that one. :)

I don't actually want to send a Challenger, or any other Mopar, to the crusher, and wouldn't, but I sure am sick of that attitude toward our C-bodies.

I would actually encourage something like this as an interesting experiment!

So FCBO isn't short for Facebook actually ?
Registered in the wrong Forum for 3 years without noticing. :laughing4:

Back