1954 Chrysler New Yorker Deluxe
4-Door Sedan
West Point Gray over Alpine Blue
76,513 original miles
331 cu.in. V-8 Hemi
Power steering
Power brakes
Automatic transmission
Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels (5 including spare)
New top-of-the-line Michelin tires @ 75,423 miles.
Automatic transmission overhauled @ 73,070 miles.
Well loved and maintained car. Always garaged.

Only 1000 miles wear on top-of-the line Michelin radials; about 3500 miles on rebuilt automatic transmission; 12 volt upgrade with Delco alternator and Optima battery; hood lock/ignition interrupt; paint aged with a few small divots but presentable; seats and two door panels need reupholstery; carpet and headliner excellent; hard to see ding on bottom of front bumper (from flat bed tow cable); rustfree; new rear brakes; Sony radio with remote control and smartphone input; power steering and brakes; great cruiser; weather tight, no leaks; windshield sun visor and side window visors keep the interior cool; carpeted, clean trunk w/ good spare and original jack and handle; Petronix electronic ignition; clean engine.

00y0y_7XPotikwqtv_600x450.jpg

00i0i_fTkeSoriqdX_600x450.jpg

00T0T_lU6nGXgbvBI_600x450.jpg

1947 New Yorker

http://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/4630118154.html

1947 Chrysler New Yorker- 4 Suicide door Sedan - Asking $9500
Odometer: 77000: Automatic transmission title : clean car

I have a nice New Yorker for sale: This car is a very presentable driver quality car.
Tuxedo Black, Blue interior and is in satisfactory condition: All the chrome and bright work are in tact and the interior is clean, attractive and it is in original condition:

00202_9aYGx9gUfCa_600x450.jpg

That New Yorker has been for sale for many months now - of course the reason is an astronomic price he is asking. When I called to inquire a few months ago, he said he had an offer of some $60K from a guy in Europe, but it seems he hasn't sold it yet..................................

Maybe it is worth it, but not in an unrestored condition I would think. Restored 300F convertibles sell for over $100K easily, but New Yorkers, while more rare, are not as desirable either to most people. Maybe he will find a buyer someday though.

The 47 has also been for sale for some time. You know there is a LOT of stupid money floating around the Bay Area due to tech and Silicon Valley. From Larry Ellison, Oracle (older) to Larry Page, Google (younger) and none of them are spending money on these. Why would they since they are tech guys and only the newest most advance and exotic stuff is of interest. These older cars are in a place where there is a lot of money but practically zero interest so they should be on the market quite awhile locally.

The 47 has also been for sale for some time. You know there is a LOT of stupid money floating around the Bay Area due to tech and Silicon Valley. From Larry Ellison, Oracle (older) to Larry Page, Google (younger) and none of them are spending money on these. Why would they since they are tech guys and only the newest most advance and exotic stuff is of interest. These older cars are in a place where there is a lot of money but practically zero interest so they should be on the market quite awhile locally.

Very interesting information. Maybe going there with $8K cash, you might drive away with a new car?

OUH ..... OUH ...... It's happening again.....!!!!!

That New Yorker has been for sale for many months now - of course the reason is an astronomic price he is asking. When I called to inquire a few months ago, he said he had an offer of some $60K from a guy in Europe, but it seems he hasn't sold it yet..................................

Maybe it is worth it, but not in an unrestored condition I would think. Restored 300F convertibles sell for over $100K easily, but New Yorkers, while more rare, are not as desirable either to most people. Maybe he will find a buyer someday though.

The ad is gone....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back