Some more classic pictures

06C88880-EACD-4CA4-81DB-1315B7E4BBEE.jpeg

1e98951e-3743-447b-b1ec-d0875c5bc365-jpeg.jpg
Can any one decipher the license plate state? It would be interesting to know and where the picture was taken. We had a '59 wagon identical to this one(including roof rack), that my parents took us three boys and an aunt(mom's sister) one year and an uncle (dad's brother) the following year, '59 and '60 from Pa to Cali and back. The car is long gone, sold the 318-4 intake several years ago. Still have grille, some side molding and both large rear windows. Besides dad's '55 Coronet(which I have) this was his second favorite.

View attachment 437467Can any one decipher the license plate state? It would be interesting to know and where the picture was taken. We had a '59 wagon identical to this one(including roof rack), that my parents took us three boys and an aunt(mom's sister) one year and an uncle (dad's brother) the following year, '59 and '60 from Pa to Cali and back. The car is long gone, sold the 318-4 intake several years ago. Still have grille, some side molding and both large rear windows. Besides dad's '55 Coronet(which I have) this was his second favorite.
580-Q84
Not California

Alan

View attachment 437467Can any one decipher the license plate state? It would be interesting to know and where the picture was taken. We had a '59 wagon identical to this one(including roof rack), that my parents took us three boys and an aunt(mom's sister) one year and an uncle (dad's brother) the following year, '59 and '60 from Pa to Cali and back. The car is long gone, sold the 318-4 intake several years ago. Still have grille, some side molding and both large rear windows. Besides dad's '55 Coronet(which I have) this was his second favorite.
Image search in Google says it is Philadelphia (Chestnut Hill) at a train station.

Alan

e6181b98-e1da-4253-86b7-5ce380181a5c-jpeg.jpg

I was likely there that day. I spent every weekend for several years at Detroit dragway, sometimes worked when they were short handed. It's a subdivision now.

View attachment 437473

I was likely there that day. I spent every weekend for several years at Detroit dragway, sometimes worked when they were short handed. It's a subdivision now.

Didn’t channel 50 air live night races from there in the mid 60s Will?
I remember sitting at home with Dad watching a 65 Dart conv. running down the strip that looked exactly like his company car. Older brother was out that night supposedly at the library with a g.f. Dad was waiting at the door when he got home. His alibi must have held up, brother’s alive and well today.

Back