Some old AMC's for sale!!

Fun_Fury

Reaction score
Not in the best of shape, but the price is right for two cars.... Especially if you already have one. Getting hard to find! Chrome looks good...

two 70 AMC Rebel $2250
http://erie.craigslist.org/cto/4937468518.html

I'm sure someone will say they're junk... But, again, I do bodywork. And to me, as long as there is SOME good metal, it can be repaired and made like new!!

Here are a few more nearby....

1965 AMC Rambler Classic 770 $1500
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/4946071645.html

1970 AMC 232 engine with 3 speed manual transmission $250
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/4945967140.html

1974 Javelin $10000
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/4945720563.html

1964 AMC Rambler classic 770 $6500
http://pennstate.craigslist.org/cto/4956656250.html

I'm sure someone will say they're junk... But, again, I do bodywork. And to me, as long as there is SOME good metal, it can be repaired and made like new!!

If that's your profession, start a new thread and do tell.

No, I don't do it as a profession. Growing up, I always hung out at the local hot rod shop. I would watch for hours. Eventually, I started working as a clean up boy. Sweeping floors, and washing cars. Then, I started wet sanding and buffing. Then started getting into heavy work, and skim coating and blocking. But, as I got older, I realized I couldn't support a family as a body man, unless I owned my own shop. Since I didn't have the money to do that, and had a new family, I joined the laborors union. I've been at local 1058 since. I just do my own stuff, and little jobs over the winter months, when work is slow. Here are a few pics of my Charger R/T. No repop metal. All hand dolly. Over 400 hours in the body work.

Btw, I do thoroughly enjoy looking for barn finds, and hard to find cars. Google Earth has really made finding old car graveyards, a lot easier! I found my Charger in Pinola California. It was a lead from a guy that had a 69 1/2 RR for sale. He told me that he knew where a charger had been in a garage for 20 years. Just knew the street name. I called every person on that street, until I found the owner. Flew out and bought the car two days later.

image_1428204963047.jpg

image_1428205008380.jpg

image_1428205040641.jpg

image_1428205072724.jpg

image_1428205095137.jpg

image_1428205102422.jpg

image_1428205138434.jpg

image_1428205147205.jpg

image_1428205173218.jpg

image_1428205192972.jpg

Last edited:
I got all the big stuff done. Now, I've slowed way down. I'm really trying to take my time with the little details. Like restoring emblems. Powder coating anything that can be. It's a resto-mod. But I like to think of it as a very tasteful, resto-mod. I'm making it mine. But, I'm doing everything I can do, to preserve it. I would love to leave this car behind as my legacy. For my children to pass down to their children, and to their children. It's kinda crazy to think, that if it makes it to my grandkids, when they pass it on to their kids, the car will be nearly 100 years old. A time capsule. A little glimpse of what my passion was. What my dream car was. I literally added a drop of sweat. One tear. And one drop of blood into the two gallons of base coat. Sadistic?? Maybe. Mine?? Abso-frickin-lutely!!!!!! I'm not a wealthy man. I have two biological children. I lost my sister and brother-in-law last year, so I now have their two boy, and my niece as well. All of them help me with my cars. I am the richest man in the world. I have a roof over my head. 5 wonderful children. A job. And two Mopars I can pass on to my little gear heads.

Sorry... I get long winded when talking about my family. Haha

image_1428218770647.jpg

image_1428218804919.jpg

Last edited:
I got all the big stuff done. Now, I've slowed way down. I'm really trying to take my time with the little details. Like restoring emblems. Powder coating anything that can be. It's a resto-mod. But I like to think of it as a very tasteful, resto-mod. I'm making it mine. But, I'm doing everything I can do, to preserve it. I would love to leave this car behind as my legacy. For my children to pass down to their children, and to their children. It's kinda crazy to think, that if it makes it to my grandkids, when they pass it on to their kids, the car will be nearly 100 years old. A time capsule. A little glimpse of what my passion was. What my dream car was. I literally added a drop of sweat. One tear. And one drop of blood into the two gallons of base coat. Sadistic?? Maybe. Mine?? Abso-frickin-lutely!!!!!! I'm not a wealthy man. I have two biological children. I lost my sister and brother-in-law last year, so I now have their two boy, and my niece as well. All of them help me with my cars. I am the richest man in the world. I have a roof over my head. 5 wonderful children. A job. And two Mopars I can pass on to my little gear heads.

Sorry... I get long winded when talking about my family. Haha
Ha ha you could only fit those kids into a charger cos the boot is humongous , wish you awe the best on the charger please post more pics when finnished , I will never be able to afford one .Theve skyrocketed over here in the uk :yaayy:

It will look close to this. Except I have 15x10 rear, magnum 500 wheels, with 295/50/15's . Fills the fender wells a lot nicer. Also, this picture is the "Bengal" charger. Made for a dealership in Cincinatti. They were NOT R/T's. That is NOT a HEMI badge by the door. It is a "Bengal Charger" sticker. Also, the Bengal Orange is close, but not exactly Omaha orange.

However, my paint code for the car is listed as 999 on the fender tag. So it is considered a special order or unspecified color. So, I chose the Omaha Orange... My ultimate favorite! But, this is what I am going for!

image_1428224761097.jpg

You are a good man, and a lucky man for having such a wonderful family. Thanks for sharing your story. Charger looks great. I worked part time in a collision center for two years back in 1999-2000 while working full time as a toolmaker. It's hard work.

It will look close to this. Except I have 15x10 rear, magnum 500 wheels, with 295/50/15's . Fills the fender wells a lot nicer. Also, this picture is the "Bengal" charger. Made for a dealership in Cincinatti. They were NOT R/T's. That is NOT a HEMI badge by the door. It is a "Bengal Charger" sticker. Also, the Bengal Orange is close, but not exactly Omaha orange.

However, my paint code for the car is listed as 999 on the fender tag. So it is considered a special order or unspecified color. So, I chose the Omaha Orange... My ultimate favorite! But, this is what I am going for!
Never heard of a Bengal charger heard of a Bengal tiger tho that's a real stand out colour and those wheels go well with the car

Fifty "Bengal" Chargers were special ordered by Cincinnati Dodge dealer Tom Kneer to commemorate the Cincinnati Bengals' first year in the American Football League (AFL). All of the cars were painted "Tiger" orange and had black "Bengal" Stripes, black vinyl tops and black interiors. The cars were optioned with a variety of equipment.

As a devoted football fan, Tom Kneer was very excited to learn that his city would have an AFL expansion team beginning with the 1968 season. He decided to build a special car to celebrate the event. He envisioned mating the sleek new form of the '68 Charger with badgethe feline "Bengal" name and team colors - a match that couldn't miss.

Tom found out from Barry Buse (one of the team owners and a close friend) that the team's primary colors would be orange and black. In 1968, Orange paint was not available as an option on Chrysler Corporation passenger cars, so Tom selected an orange paint currently being used as a fleet color for Dodge trucks. The color he chose was originally developed for use on Michigan State Highway vehicles.

Tom contacted Chrysler with his request for orange cars. Chrysler told him that in order for them to build any cars with a special color, he would have to order a minimum of 50. He eventually agreed to special order 50 orange cars with an assortment of options. Most of the cars were equipped with a 318 or 383 engine. He had a few 6 cylinder cars built for marketing purposes and an estimated 10 - 12 R/Ts. Tom's dealership was having a hard time selling the Hemi option because of its high markup. For this reason, there are no Hemi Bengals.

Because Tom was purchasing so many cars, Chrysler agreed to throw in the black Sport Stripes for free. In 1968, Chrysler put Sport Stripes on the Charger R/T only. Since most of the Bengals were not R/Ts, obviously, an exception was made. For this reason and because they were free, the stripe does not appear on the broadcast sheet but instead was part of the special order processing along with the orange paint.

The chrome "BENGAL Charger" fender badges were made in Cincinnati and were mounted on the cars when they arrived at the dealership.

The Bengals were all built at the Hamtramck, Michigan assembly plant.

image_1428231323869.jpg

image_1428231336867.jpg

image_1428231803335.jpg

Last edited:
Fifty "Bengal" Chargers were special ordered by Cincinnati Dodge dealer Tom Kneer to commemorate the Cincinnati Bengals' first year in the American Football League (AFL). All of the cars were painted "Tiger" orange and had black "Bengal" Stripes, black vinyl tops and black interiors. The cars were optioned with a variety of equipment.

As a devoted football fan, Tom Kneer was very excited to learn that his city would have an AFL expansion team beginning with the 1968 season. He decided to build a special car to celebrate the event. He envisioned mating the sleek new form of the '68 Charger with badgethe feline "Bengal" name and team colors - a match that couldn't miss.

Tom found out from Barry Buse (one of the team owners and a close friend) that the team's primary colors would be orange and black. In 1968, Orange paint was not available as an option on Chrysler Corporation passenger cars, so Tom selected an orange paint currently being used as a fleet color for Dodge trucks. The color he chose was originally developed for use on Michigan State Highway vehicles.

Tom contacted Chrysler with his request for orange cars. Chrysler told him that in order for them to build any cars with a special color, he would have to order a minimum of 50. He eventually agreed to special order 50 orange cars with an assortment of options. Most of the cars were equipped with a 318 or 383 engine. He had a few 6 cylinder cars built for marketing purposes and an estimated 10 - 12 R/Ts. Tom's dealership was having a hard time selling the Hemi option because of its high markup. For this reason, there are no Hemi Bengals.

Because Tom was purchasing so many cars, Chrysler agreed to throw in the black Sport Stripes for free. In 1968, Chrysler put Sport Stripes on the Charger R/T only. Since most of the Bengals were not R/Ts, obviously, an exception was made. For this reason and because they were free, the stripe does not appear on the broadcast sheet but instead was part of the special order processing along with the orange paint.

The chrome "BENGAL Charger" fender badges were made in Cincinnati and were mounted on the cars when they arrived at the dealership.

The Bengals were all built at the Hamtramck, Michigan assembly plant.
Sounds real interesting you learn something every day on the c bodies forum lol.

You are a good man, and a lucky man for having such a wonderful family. Thanks for sharing your story. Charger looks great. I worked part time in a collision center for two years back in 1999-2000 while working full time as a toolmaker. It's hard work.
Thank you... I am a lucky man. A blessed man. Happy Easter.

No, I don't do it as a profession. Growing up, I always hung out at the local hot rod shop. I would watch for hours. Eventually, I started working as a clean up boy. Sweeping floors, and washing cars. Then, I started wet sanding and buffing. Then started getting into heavy work, and skim coating and blocking. But, as I got older, I realized I couldn't support a family as a body man, unless I owned my own shop. Since I didn't have the money to do that, and had a new family, I joined the laborors union. I've been at local 1058 since. I just do my own stuff, and little jobs over the winter months, when work is slow. Here are a few pics of my Charger R/T. No repop metal. All hand dolly. Over 400 hours in the body work.

Btw, I do thoroughly enjoy looking for barn finds, and hard to find cars. Google Earth has really made finding old car graveyards, a lot easier! I found my Charger in Pinola California. It was a lead from a guy that had a 69 1/2 RR for sale. He told me that he knew where a charger had been in a garage for 20 years. Just knew the street name. I called every person on that street, until I found the owner. Flew out and bought the car two days later.

Awesome story about calling everyone on the street ... and thanks for sharing your history

Back