20211007_115349.jpg

20211007_115356.jpg

20211007_115404.jpg

20211007_115412.jpg

20211009_135922.jpg

20211009_135957.jpg

20211009_140006.jpg

20211009_140015.jpg

One of the earlier uses of the "sight shields" as that many had a sound absorbing material put on their undersides to absorb the clicking of the fuel injectors. Not sure if more recent injectors are quieter? Removing the shields also tended to reveal "a mess" of wiring and fuel rails, which did not look very "high tech" or easy to look at, by observation. The more vintage vehicles had great underhood areas which the manufacturers were proud of, it seemed. Even if you couldn't see where the spark plug wires disappeared to.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

That's a beautiful car, with the fast and furious wantabe's today I would only drive it early on Sunday mornings.

Can anybody tell me where I can get the correct gold and red paint for 60/61 sonoramic engines
I'm thinking the "gold" is the normal gold which Chrysler used on some of their other higher-level 4bbl engines back then? With the "red" probably being the same as Dodge might have used on their similar engines?

Just a hunch,
CBODY67

Same car sold at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale this year. Check out the intake clearance on the pass side inner fender...they cut the fender to make the Ram intake fit.

Same car sold at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale this year. Check out the intake clearance on the pass side inner fender...they cut the fender to make the Ram intake fit.
The inner fenders are cut on both sides from factory to allow access to the spark plugs. The rams fit without cutting the fenders. Its one of the things to look for if your chasing a factory sono car. There is a book by Darrell Davis that lists all the sono cars (bar a couple) by serial number that he sat looking through all the IBM cards through the 60 and 61 model years to verify the factory sono cars. The book is regarded as the bible for these cars and is ultra rare.

The inner fenders are cut on both sides from factory to allow access to the spark plugs. The rams fit without cutting the fenders. Its one of the things to look for if your chasing a factory sono car. There is a book by Darrell Davis that lists all the sono cars (bar a couple) by serial number that he sat looking through all the IBM cards through the 60 and 61 model years to verify the factory sono cars. The book is regarded as the bible for these cars and is ultra rare.
Actually, the cutouts were there to allow the engine/front clip assembly to be installed from below like all the non-ram cars down the same assembly line. The rams would not clear the inner fenders when being joined to the unibody down the production line. Removing the front wheels and those inner fender cutouts does indeed make the spark plug change much easier. Chrysler 300 letter cars had the rams as standard equipment in 60, 61, and 63, optional in 62 and 64. There were two versions of cross rams a 'short' long ram with internal runners being 15" in length, and 'standard' long rams that were 30" both internally and externally. You can tell them apart as the 'short' long rams only have separate runners for half the length of the ram tubes. They yield higher HP at higher rpm, but lose torque in the process.

Simply gorgeous car... something odd about those wheel covers though...what are those medallions stuck on there...incorrect as far as I know. Should be no emblems like this:

Screenshot_2-001.jpg

Using a pic of the Cold War Motors Fury because that restoration impressed me so much.

Simply gorgeous car... something odd about those wheel covers though...what are those medallions stuck on there...incorrect as far as I know. Should be no emblems like this:

Using a pic of the Cold War Motors Fury because that restoration impressed me so much.
Mr. C:
I concur.
There are a couple of pics of my '60 Fury here in 4CBO which show the correct '60 Plymouth wheel covers. My Fury is a twin to the Cold War Motors car but is an unrestored survivor with the SonoRamic Commando mill. You may also have seen the Big Tailed Beast on Dennis gage's "My Classic Car."
But this green car is outstanding.
Joe
'57 Chrysler 300C, '60 Fury SonoRamic, '65 Fuelie Vette, '65 Sport Fury 426S/4-speed

Back