Sourcing '68 Imperial Brake Parts

Hey Detmatt,
I think you know that I am a diehard White Sox fan (I lived in Chicago as a kid...) So, you want to go toe-to-toe with your Tigers against my White Sox ??? I don't think so !!!!

" You can put it on the board, YES !!! Mercy !!! " The HAWK lives on, Jason Bonetti is a little wussy, I readily admit..... Yours, Craig.....
You catch that game Craig?:poke::lol:

Yes, I can't stand Liam BS (for Blown Save) Hendrics.... it didn't take long for his 1st BS of the year.....
And, why didn't 135 year old Tony Larusso have a defensive replacement in right field for A J Pollock in the 9th inning ??? That didn't cost us the game, did it ??? Am I the only one to realize that ???
Thank goodness there are 161 more.... but when you want to win it all --- you can't throw away games --- they add up.... (And I am not getting any younger.....)

Yes, I can't stand Liam BS (for Blown Save) Hendrics.... it didn't take long for his 1st BS of the year.....
And, why didn't 135 year old Tony Larusso have a defensive replacement in right field for A J Pollock in the 9th inning ??? That didn't cost us the game, did it ??? Am I the only one to realize that ???
Thank goodness there are 161 more.... but when you want to win it all --- you can't throw away games --- they add up.... (And I am not getting any younger.....)

or smarter....... :):)
"@mobileparts ,, what do you want for a set of front pads '67 Imppy...?" or would you rather discuss ball players.. :lol:

They are expensive because they’re worth every penny. The Budd brake job is a hard pill to swallow until you put it into the perspective that it will likely be the last brake job you’ll have to do unless you really put the miles on and it will still be many years.
This system is designed for this car and really is superior to the alternatives so it’s money well spent.
Like everything else, occasionally there is a bad one in the mix. I spent over $500 on a bunch of NOS brake parts for my Imperial. All of that is working perfectly. Now, the rebuilt steel-sleeved Budd Calipers which cost over $800...one is leaking after driving just 15 miles. It's leaking right between the halves - I would hope that Calipers Online puts in new crossover seals when they are rebuilt. But either way, I had to order another one and then file a warranty claim. Whats another $400 anyway...:(

I actually had a leaker from them the first time I pulled it out of winter storage after installing them. I wasn’t pleased but they took care of it and apologized for the inconvenience. Mind you they are in the Detroit area so I never had to deal with shipping.

Yeah... I had to pay up front for a new one first (including the core charge) and now have to wait to get another one built and shipped off to me, before I even get to ship the other one back for a warranty claim. I only hope the other one doesn't crap out on me too...

Back