Spark plug wire routing ‘67

Rdtreur

Reaction score
I want to remove the yellow spark plug wires and replace them with black msd street fire plugs.
What is the routing for the wires in a 67? Please show some photo’s. I know the b-body’s use the wire separators on the water neck...
Can I use the straight terminals at the spark plugs (stock manifolds)

Picture of the yellow wires:
F2B06B22-FB2A-4CC8-89C1-58230E58A230.png
097D466C-22DC-4398-8013-1BA98BFB5EEB.png

I want to remove the yellow spark plug wires and replace them with black msd street fire plugs.
What is the routing for the wires in a 67? Please show some photo’s. I know the b-body’s use the wire separators on the water neck...

View attachment 175348 View attachment 175349

Not sure what you are trying achieve here, but if you are going for stock appearance, etc., you will need more wire separators than the one at the filler neck. Check with this guy:

Bill Rolik Enterprises - N.O.S., Reproduction, and Replacement Chrysler Parts

And welcome to FCBO.

View attachment 175348 View attachment 175349
Check the diameter of those new wires as they may not fit in OE holders. I believe those wires you chose are 8mm+

Thanks for all the input and links guys. One thing I need to know before ordering the wires:
Will those straight terminals work with the stock 67 440 imperial manifolds?

Thanks for all the input and links guys. One thing I need to know before ordering the wires:
Will those straight terminals work with the stock 67 440 imperial manifolds?

I don't know. . . Why not just order a set of quality wires for a '67 Chrysler 440 from one of the vendors here? RockAuto has 'em, or you can even get date-code correct wires from one of the other vendors such as these guys:

Exact Reproduction Spark Plug Wire Sets for Classic & Muscle Cars

The BEST and most accurate plug wire routing illustrations can be in the '67 Chrysler factory service manual -- specific to C-body cars rather than possibly adapted from the more popular B/E-body applications. That's my observation.

As for the straight boots, the Chrysler sets were always a mix of 90 degree and straight boots. Otherwise you end up with a BUNCH of wires strung all of the place and with a lot of extra separators on them.

Go to RockAuto and select one of the Standard Motor Parts wire sets to see what I mean.

Unless you're going to put lost of "power adders" on that engine with a very high compression ratio, no need for much more than normal plug wires. If you want something better in magnetic suppression, then some of the BWD (Borg Warner Division of Standard Motor Parts) has some good sets that are pre-made. That's where I usually try to end up. Buy the MSD sticker, if that brand association is important.

CBODY67

both rocker covers have looms on them for the rear spark plugs routing for 7 , 8 . the rest hang in bolt on brackets and route under the manifolds 1 , 3 , 5 drivers 2 , 4 , 6 passengers . but i feel that the further away from the heat the better .
DSC03376.JPG
DSC03378.JPG
DSC03379.JPG
DSC07564.JPG
DSC07565.JPG

Oké, I got a set of o.e. style plug wires, with 3 “straight” boots and 5 90 degree boots. 7mm wires.
Now the next question :
Where do I put the straight boots and Where do I put the 90 degree boots???

On my '66 Newport 383, two of the straight boots went to the rear two cylinders on the rh side, #6 & #8, using the attached bracket on the valve cover with the white circular insulators that snap into the bracket (i.e., over the top of the valve cover near the pcv valve. The other straight boot might go to #1 or #5 on the lh side? ?

Did you get a pre-built set or are you building it yourself?

CBODY67

Back