Speaker Grille Removal 65 Fury

65Fury440

Reaction score
How is the grille secured? Is it bolted from the bottom? I tried gently prying, I don't want to damage the grille.

fury part

my 66 had 6. 4 held the speaker and 2 more on pass. end. a word of advice when putting back put some plumers tape on the posts to keep the nuts from backing off and don't tighten them to tight because you'll bend it and it will look like a bath tub and very hard to make flat again. the driverside 4 hold the speaker so be carefull and don't poke a hole in speaker.

Thanks for the help. My right side nuts must have backed off, the grille vibrates. My speaker has no paper left on it at all, so I am good there.

i would replace with one of those dual core sterio speakers. that's what i put in mine. sound great but are costly a c note is what i payed for mine

i would replace with one of those dual core sterio speakers. that's what i put in mine. sound great but are costly a c note is what i payed for mine
I honestly don't care about a working radio in this car. The first radio delete plate I come across I'll probably grab.
Maybe in the future an under dash Super Tuner with 6x9s in the rear. There's a lot to do between now and them. Thanks for the input!!

Back