Speaking of Monaco-ized '70 Polara convertibles...

burgundy car sold for $10,850.......it hit reserve so I assume he sold it for that price. not 100% sure on the total condition compared to my white car, i will let you know once i get under the white car and look it over. but i can tell you this: burg car was very nice underneath, has a bit of mud in the lwr qtrs on the inside, just like the white car does, also had 3 small holes in the drivers flr due to wtr getting inside it - the rug was soaked when I removed it a few days after getting the car. I repaired those holes with fiberglass resin. Other than that the underside and trunk had nothing more than sfc rust......trunk had some thin spots but nothing worn through.

now Bob, do you want to know the cond of the burg car when i received it or when it sold on ebay? They are 2 diff explanations.

$10,850 ? not bad but I think it should have done better. If he kept it five more years he may have doubled that number.

Roger that. You know what I'll be asking, don't you? Would you post its tag here?

Lets Play A Game: Last Of The Convertibles

:thankyou:

Only because I like you
293310 2000 information.jpg

FYI this is the latest polara convertible known

burgundy car sold for $10,850.......it hit reserve so I assume he sold it for that price.

Mark, is this your burgundy car's auction results summary?
Dodge : Other CONVERTIBLE 1970 DODGE POLARA CONVERTIBLE 383 MOPAR LOADED WITH OPTIONS !

I guess the VIN is DL27N0D191216 as per the info on that site. In that case, did you buy the car back in 2012 from someone called Jessica (who sold her 1-of-19 N-code 1970 Polara 'vert in 2012, having bought it in Kansas in 2006), or am I mixing things up? More generally can you (or someone else) share more with us re: the history of the car before you got it (including a photo of its tag)?

i190856712832.jpg

Thanks for the offer! I knew you could, but I was trying to spread the pain as you've been quite patient answering all my questions. That's why I reached out to Mark (beside, adding info to this thread re: the archival data from the auction which could be helpful to others, as it includes the lengthy description by the seller in Colorado).

Bottom line, dear Polarapedia (I mean, Dave): are Mark and Jessica's VINs one and the same? The reason I am not sure is that the tag info I have about Jessica's car does not match the options listed in the ad for Mark's car. One telltale sign is the demo car code (Y13?). Since I have neither tag, I can't solve the riddle. Now if someone who has pics of the tag(s) could post that info, would it not be great?

Why would you go through all the trouble to make it a 71 Monaco vert look alike and not use the right stuff? Poor car. Do it right or leave it how Ma Mopar made it.

Thanks for the offer! I knew you could, but I was trying to spread the pain as you've been quite patient answering all my questions. That's why I reached out to Mark (beside, adding info to this thread re: the archival data from the auction which could be helpful to others, as it includes the lengthy description by the seller in Colorado).

Bottom line, dear Polarapedia (I mean, Dave): are Mark and Jessica's VINs one and the same? The reason I am not sure is that the tag info I have about Jessica's car does not match the options listed in the ad for Mark's car. One telltale sign is the demo car code (Y13?). Since I have neither tag, I can't solve the riddle. Now if someone who has pics of the tag(s) could post that info, would it not be great?

I know the cars history one owner prior to Jessica destroying the car .

I know the cars history one owner prior to Jessica destroying the car .

OK, so it is the same car then. Thank you for the confirmation!

Can anyone post the tag?

I don't care how professional the work is, I could never figure out the attraction of mixing and matching parts from different years on a car that is still complete and original but that's just me. The red car referenced above is about as good an example as there is but I'd still prefer a correct car for the year. On the other hand if the car is already rough or otherwise pieced together and you want to do mods knock your self out.

I don't care how professional the work is, I could never figure out the attraction of mixing and matching parts from different years on a car that is still complete and original but that's just me. The red car referenced above is about as good an example as there is but I'd still prefer a correct car for the year. On the other hand if the car is already rough or otherwise pieced together and you want to do mods knock your self out.

You've known my agenda Fred and I haven't followed through because of the cars being original.
Steve ruined a beautiful original car

Back