"Special" Editions

Did not know that. Thanks!

00-1-2-1.jpg
00g0g_5h4hvhoaww_600x450-jpg.jpg
00f0f_62h0qni26g2_600x450-jpg.jpg

There's the 1974 Imperial LeBaron Crown Coupe. An anniversary edition for the spring of 1974 produced (57) Imperial Crown Coupes. All were ordered Golden Fawn exterior, (from top to bottom), and versions of gold leather and / or gold leather with velour interior.
View attachment 130268

A friend here in Birmingham has one of these. A nice original with weak paint. For sale I think.

I've had the opportunity to see one in the flesh once. Around the time I started getting into C Bodies, a friend of mine, the owner of the first 67 Monaco 500 I'd ever seen in my life's father was (I kid you not) 15 years into the restoration of a 56 La Femme and I visited it. At the time it was mostly complete .. at least to the extent that I could sit in it. .. as far as I know, it's still not complete.

Another awesome La Femme story that my father used to tell me was of when a degenerate buddy of his stole his mothers La Femme and threw all the accessories out the window on the highway .. if that dumb *** had any idea what those pieces were worth today ..

That's the one MrC noted on post #21. This one was colour changed. We did a review of this one a while back.

even the interior (inclding seat fabric)? somebody did all that? wow. guess i'll hunt for that thread. thanks.

SCRATCH THAT. I finally read what I posted :)

March of 1974, Chrysler celebrating its 50th Anniversary, sold ONLY (57) of these classic vehicles. I have one of them. And mine is one of one of (57) as I changed the entire color of the vehicle from the Golden Fawn that is was appointed with to Formal Black – base coat / clear coat – with Black leather and Mushroom Quartz velour interior. A stunning look and featured on the back of a WPC Chrysler magazine. Call for details.

here are other threads on the #21 car:

74 Imp coupe

For Sale - 74' 2DHT Chrysler Imperial Mopar Sell/Trade (w/ Corolla :-O ) - $7000 - Delanson, SY

imperial club piece here: 1974-75 Imperial Crown Coupes

Last edited:
These "White Hat Special" cars seem to be everywhere and therefore NOT particularly "rare"?

Never saw anybody advertising one braggin' about that .. if they even knew it was a "WHS" I doubt it makes any difference in a transaction for one?

Or was there something "special" about any of them?

00-1-1.jpg

1973 Polara Custom Spring Special. Never seen one, alive or dead.

00-1-2-8.jpg

apparently we hooked one once back in 2014 .. but it got away as we didnt get pics.

For Sale - Another 1973 Dodge Polara Spring Special (writeup from ebay auction)

You are bidding on a seldom seen 1973 Dodge Polara Custom "Spring Special" 4 door hardtop. The Spring Special package included plaid cloth and vinyl seats, red accented exterior mouldings, and special emblems on roof pillars. I thought someone may want to save this special Dodge.

The interior is very good, including very nice black dashpad. With a good cleaning and headliner replacement, the interior is usable as-is. The floors, including trunk look to be pretty solid, but the body has plenty of rust. The lower 1/4's and fenders at the lower heel are rusted, hood is rusted, rust around backglass, rear frame rails have rust. T

The front subframe appears pretty good. It is equipped with a 360 2 barrel automatic, seems to run good, exhaust is shot. Transmission works, but leaks when it sits. Brakes work. Other equipment on the car includes: cruise control, air conditioning (missing compressor), AM/FM radio-works, power steering, and power disc brakes. The speedometer shows 92,000 miles, I don't know if it is accurate. Has clear Ohio title.

And we caught an emblem.

For Sale - 73 Polara NOS Spring Special Emblem on Ebay

00-1-2-7.jpg

Last edited:
Wanted dead or alive although I don't know where this "plenty of wood grain trim" is. Seems thin plastic to me.

:) so much for truth in advertising in 1973.

Yours? If not, do you know the backstory on it? Thanks tbm3fan.

Theres one . Doug has the other, I think his is black. He also owns a Navajo Newport, one of the nicest

Will try to see if this gains any traction. Hoping to construct ONE thread were all the "special edition", "spring specials", limited runs", etc C-bodies are captured.

Mystery of the Chrysler Mariner (solved)

View attachment 130134 View attachment 130136
Present Day PhotoView attachment 130135

This car, along with the Plymouth (Aspen) Fury and Dodge (Sundance) Polara; were not any of the above... Unless your idea of a limited run is one example done by the styling department for the show circuit. But again, you're lending credibility to some who will claim their uncle owned one with a 383 Hemi.

Your thread is a good idea, but you're taking a dump in the middle of it by lending credibility to these home-made cars.

i dont see your point on the "dump" thing. I asked a question about the 61 Imperial Were there any factory two-tones in this era ... or is this somebody's creation. If i knew the answer, would not have asked.

Back