"Special" Editions

1971 Dodge Demon Sizzler. No 340 available (helped a little with insurance) in the Sizzler models, but you got some Demon 340 trim/appearance. lasted 1/2 year in 71 and didn't come back. Kids wasn't bitin' unfortunately.

sizzler-ad.jpg

source: 1971 Dodge Demon Sizzler - Exclusive Photos - Mopar Muscle Magazine
mopp-1209-07-1971-Dodge-Demon-Sizzler-.jpg
mopp-1209-03-1971-Dodge-Demon-Sizzler-.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

1979 300.

Somewhere way back in this thread we had a T-Top version, and its in a dozen other threads. Technically a B body but carrying on the 300 name.

1979-Chrysler-Cordoba-300-01-640x833.jpg

lotta neat examples still around.

A member just finishing up one below he brought back to fightin' form.

79 300 Restoration
20230122_120122-jpg.577726
20230122_120545-jpg.577729
20230122_120638-jpg.577732

(Edited 1-31-2023 at the request of two members): A member once posted about a 1973 "Polara Sundance". As of a day after I linked to that post, it does not work anymore. Here are some photos for records of what contributes to the uniqueness of that car, a one-off with "factory" ASC sunroof:

01212_3cctqozodtm_600x450-jpg.102212

paint_scheme_sundance.jpg

emblem_paint_sundance.jpg

C_pillar_sundance_emblem.jpg

Last edited:
We also got into the Polara Sundance back in posts #32 and #35 in this thread

00-1-2-8-jpg.130379
polara_002-jpg.130388
polara_021-jpg.130389
polara_022-jpg.130390
polara_rear_001-jpg.130391

Last edited:
we also got into the Polara Sundance back in posts #32 and #35 in this thread
You mean post #4?

Regardless, apologies: I should have checked the thread and seen prior posts on the topic made mine redundant.

You mean post #4?

Regardless, apologies: I should have checked the thread and seen prior posts on the topic made mine redundant.
hey @ayilar. Wasn't trying to correct you ... even if I was, I was STILL wrong. :)

"Special" Editions - Post #4

Yes, the '73 Polara "Spring Special" and the "Sundance" are two different cars (seems so anyway, but can't turn up any factory documentation on the "Sundance" yet). Sorry for the mixup.

I didn't yet have my first car back then so I got "confoosed" - plus I am old. You wait...you'll see. :poke::D

Last edited:
Had I realized the Sebring Sundance hadn't been posted, I would've done it.

The brochure page for the Polara Sundance mentions a C-pillar emblem, and it can be seen in the photos of the car.

@Carmine Can you post a closeup of that emblem? Would be nice to document it here.

EDIT: ignore all teh stuff above, I got the white Spring Special confused with the Sundance. Carmine would not have the Spring Special's emblem.
EDIT again: and the emblem I posted, for the white car, was actually correct, but I thought it was wrong so I deleted my post. :BangHead:

You can still see it in Carmine's #391 below, albeit with the incorrect reference to Sundance..

Last edited:
Had I realized the Sebring Sundance hadn't been posted, I would've done it.

The brochure page for the Polara Sundance mentions a C-pillar emblem, and it can be seen in the photos of the car.

@Carmine Can you post a closeup of that emblem? Would be nice to document it here.
actually, I would prefer @ayilar pull that old posting mention since I am not able to delete the ad. I'm getting spammed with fake requests, plus the fact that everytime it gets mentioned it just generates more false info and confusion.

As I went back to look at the older posts, I see an emblem was posted.

@fury fan ... doesn't appear the "Sundance" has this emblem.

The '73 Spring Special seems to have it (yellow and red arrows -- not clear but appears it was on C pillar like the ad says).

BTW, Were you able to find factory documentation on the Polara "Sundance"? I checked the usual places and couldn't find anything ...

1675269491694.png

here's another Spring Special, in an ignition conversion thread. Looks like it had C-pillar emblem as advertised (same car/different wheel covers/same license plate as in #386 above?)

source: CC Tech: 1973 Dodge Polara HEI Ignition Conversion and Motorcraft 2150 Carb Adaptation

Polara_after_001-600x450.jpg
Polara_interior_009-600x450.jpg

Polara_after_004-600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Oops, yes, I got the Sundance and Spring Special mixed up.
The white car is the one I wanted to see the emblem of, and I erroneously asked about the Sundance emblem instead.

Small ships should stay near the shore. I'll go back to Slabside Furys and mind my kitting.

Edit - It now seems I got the emblem right, but erroneously asked Carmine about it. I've not had reading comprehensions problems liek this in a long time.
Had to edit 2 posts, one of them twice.
And I wouldn't be surprised if I'm still confused.
I quit, I'm going home...

Last edited:
Oops, yes, I got the Sundance and Spring Special mixed up.
The white car is the one I wanted to see the emblem of, and I erroneously reposted the Sundance emblem instead.

Small ships should stay near the shore. I'll go back to Slabside Furys and mind my kitting.

Edit - It now seems I got the emblem right, but erroneously asked Carmine about it. I've not had reading comprehensions problems liek this in a long time.
And I wouldn't be surprised if I'm still confused.
I quit, I'm going home...
naw man, get back out there.

all's good young fella :)

Minotaur, I realize there is a newer version of the Pickup w minotaur, any know about this oddity?

339832815_173697228865440_6388896121643650212_n.jpg

I defer to somebody else on this Minotaur. This vintage van/pickup, IMHO, never came out of a Chrysler factory.

A late model RAM pickup has this name today
2016-ram-minotaur.jpg

Here's that Thomas Minotaur bus: School Bus Minotour
1681075311742.png

I did find examples some body-builder(s) did. I look forward to to some/anybody finding a "Minotaur" that is 2 or 3 decades old and who built them (out of a van and a truck) back then.

sources for below: Curbside Classic: 1990 Dodge Ram Radio Flyer – The Big Red Wagon, One Of A Kind: This Big-Block 1971 Dodge Van/Truck Combination Is Bitchin'! - BangShift.com,
Ram Vans As Seen on the Street

1990DodgeRedWagon01.jpg
dodge-van-1.jpg
dodge-ram-van-1.jpg

Last edited:
We (I) seem to have run out of the "old stuff". I will string together a few newer trucks since I just turned them up.

source: 7 Special Edition Dodge Trucks You Never Knew Existed (spammy, watch out)

Ram-1500-Ignition-Orange.jpg

The Ignition Orange Ram was truly one of the special edition Dodge trucks. Only 1000 of these trucks existed for the 2015 model year. Flat black paint stripes offset the orange color on the hood and a set of 20-inch black alloy wheels.

The cabin also showed off black leather upholstery with orange stitching. You might not love orange, but this truck will catch your eye if you ever see one.

source: 7 Special Edition Dodge Trucks You Never Knew Existed (spammy, watch out)

Mopar-Ram-Rebel.jpg

In true rebel fashion, the 2016 Mopar Ram Rebel was unique, rare, and hard to catch. Only 500 models of this truck were created.

This was the first time the Mopar team built a special edition truck. This impressive machine came with off-road wheel flares, 17-inch satin black alloys, and two-tone paint color.

Ram-1500-Mossy-Oak.jpg

The Mossy Oak Ram 1500 came to the market in 2014, offering a signature look with camouflage on the bottom part of the doors.

This was a second take on the original 2011 version of this unique outdoor pickup. The camo theme made its way to the interior of this truck, giving outdoor enthusiasts a look they admired. The Mossy Oak used the Outdoorsman trim level and in the 4×4 Crew Cab version.

Ram-1500-Rumble-Bee.jpg

Take a truck and let it pay tribute to the Mopar muscle cars of the 1960s and 1970s, and what do you have?

The 2004 Rumble Bee is the answer. This truck brought Hemi power to the mix with a yellow shell and offsetting black accents. The Super Bee cargo logo found its way to the rear sides of this unique pickup.

Last edited:
Back