Spring Fling Pictures

View attachment 179948
How much was he asking for it? Inquiring minds want to know.
And thanks for posting these.

$60k if memory serves. Nice car, but that's a lotta bread for seats redone in Naugahyde.

This aftermarket 300 grille for $1500 was hopefully made of actual platinum.

IMG_20180414_131332.jpg

Thanks for the pics Chris. Sorry I wasn't there to see you; I was in Folsom Prison and Jerry was in Germany!

I think that one can only tell if he´s standing right in front of the car ..
on the pictures it looks exactly fk3 when I´m on the computer .. on the
phone it looks red-ish ... we had the debate already in here about fk3 / fk5
being orange or brown or something else and I don´t want to start it all over,
for me it´s one of the greatest colors mopar ever offered and I like it especially
on a fuselage.. your car is simply a great find !

I think that one can only tell if he´s standing right in front of the car ..
on the pictures it looks exactly fk3 when I´m on the computer .. on the
phone it looks red-ish ... we had the debate already in here about fk3 / fk5
being orange or brown or something else and I don´t want to start it all over,
for me it´s one of the greatest colors mopar ever offered and I like it especially
on a fuselage.. your car is simply a great find !

Thanks a bunch Marv. I’m super happy with the car, even with all it’s flaws. The door jams, engine bay, and inside of the trunk are still the original FK3 paint. Good thing, because I know what it’s supposed to look like and have a reference to go by when I get the car painted some day.

This picture shows how far off the previous owner was with matching the paint to the original FK3.
A833AB1A-7898-4E69-9946-E07B16E4BC43.jpeg

Wow ... Question is why, as he obviously had the reference ..so either the painter was not very talented in mixing colors or he wanted it to be darker

Wow ... Question is why, as he obviously had the reference ..so either the painter was not very talented in mixing colors or he wanted it to be darker

I bought the car from the Daughter in law of the original owner. She didn’t even know or care it was a GT. I remember her saying “the guy I had restore the car tried to get the color as close as he could”. Well he must have been color blind. Ha ha!

Last edited:
Well mixing and painting is some kind of art and there are good artists and those who suck

Back