stalling issue 1973 dodge polara

73dodge

Reaction score
Can anyone help me i am going down the road and my car just falls flat on its face just dies i have replaced all electrical parts for the ignition undr the hood and fuel pump any ideas

Does it start after some time...…..
Can you see gas in the fuelfilter ….

i just started this a week ago it got hot and since then its been acting up

or a bad ground
There are only so many wires associated with each system on these cars, it only takes a couple of minutes to double check them. My Dart has a crappy bulkhead and we always have to wiggle the wires to start it! (I have a new one ready to go in)

i just started this a week ago it got hot and since then its been acting up
Do you still have the old parts you took off? If so, you could swap them back on and see if things change at all. Put them all back in, then swap them one at a time.might isolate the issue.

The coil was bad and leaking that why I changed it everything else I just replaced this year

All part were just replaced except the coil witch was done last year

There are only so many wires associated with each system on these cars, it only takes a couple of minutes to double check them. My Dart has a crappy bulkhead and we always have to wiggle the wires to start it! (I have a new one ready to go in)

Agreed, A little de-oxit goes a long way. Love that stuff!

From cold, how far until it stops? Then it starts right back up as if nothing has happened? Then how far until the next "intermission"?

Have the OEM factory rubber fuel lines been replaced? ALL the way to the tank? Usually, ethanol makes them leak first, but if they are in their initial phase of internal separation, they might be blocking flow and then opening back up when the flow/suction stops? Clear or Chrome fuel filter (related to seeing what's going on OR in the filter)?

Might replace the gas cap and also look at the carbon canister as the system should vent into it, if I recall correctly.

CBODY67

I can go about 1.5 miles before it dies and then about a half a mile till it does it again

Back