starting to remove parts from my 77 parts car and found this

Letsrock

Reaction score
Button on the floorboard next to the headlight switch i never noticed before. Any idea what its for?

143008772911015433076_1430087759230.jpg

I read an article in an old magazine that if you press the second switch at 88 miles an hour you engage super persuit mode.:3gears:

One is the headlight dimmer switch, the other is the hands free radio scan. Just another first for Mother MoPar. I have it on my 74 Newport 2 dr HT. Sometimes a similar switch was used to control electro mechanical roller sirens with brakes, like the Federal Signal Q class.

One is the headlight dimmer switch, the other is the hands free radio scan. Just another first for Mother MoPar. I have it on my 74 Newport 2 dr HT. Sometimes a similar switch was used to control electro mechanical roller sirens with brakes, like the Federal Signal Q class.
Ford had them in 1956 and Chevy in 1957. What was the first year for Chrysler?

I've been trying to figure this out.... 1950 is the first year I found any reference to search tuning and that was Cadillac.

Motorola and Philco made search tuning radios for Chrysler and I knew that Motorola used the Delco (GM) tuners in their radios that they supplied to Chrysler. 1955 is the first reference I can find for a Mopar to have a search tuner.

Back