Steering column parts needed

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking for the bearings for my steering column and having a tough time finding them. There is a whine/ grating noise turning the wheel, the horn blows when Im not touching the ring, and the gear selector is very loose. I was going to see about a used column but that is probably worn out as bad as mine. Thank you.
Charlie

Trace 300 I saw that upper bearing on their website but wasn’t sure if it would fit. Thank you.
It certainly should, unless you have a TiltTele....not sure if they're the same. I doubt it.

Here's where that noisy lower bearing lives. I don't believe it's available as a single bearing. I think it's part of an assembly called an "adapter".

1650051288140.png

No "lower bearing" is shown. Just the "adapter" where the bearing goes.
1650051362278.png

1650051490048.png

1650051598838.png

IMG_0932.JPG

And the adapter/bearing with the seal removed for cleaning and greasing:
IMG_0933.JPG
IMG_0934.JPG
IMG_0935.JPG

Pulling the upper bearing housing that's been in place for 54 years can be a problem, or it can jiggle right off if you're lucky. Once I pulled mine, I've had it on and off several times with just a jiggle. Here's some puller pics from the Interweb, not mine as I happened to have a suitable puller without the need for rigging. It's not a serious pull, so you can rig up something fairly flimsy to pull that plate. Make sure you remove the retaining clip. You DO have a FSM, don't you?
20180816_141603 (Medium).jpg
DSC_1338_zps9b91a032.jpg

My car is a column shirted automatic if that makes a difference. Also wondering what to replace to make the gear shift collar less sloppy. I can’t even get the backup lights to work because of the wear.

Back