Steering Wheel Guy

Guys going for "showroom new", 13 hundred is a small %-age of the total tab and it needs to be done. For everybody else, it's a luxury.
Where the line between necessity and luxury stops and starts varies from person to person.
A 25 hundred dollar car gets 5k in wheels and stereo before brakes with a lot if people.

Does this mean I have to cancel my 22" DUB's?

Too late lowrider suspension and bobblehead chihuahuas on the way....dingle balls already installed :(
Ok... I will still love you... but you really need these to help Stan love the look...
pb120114-jpg.103849

You need to be honest with yourself. If you are doing it so it will stand out at a car show you are wasting your time and money. 99.9% of car guys wouldn't recognise the significance of the wheel. If you are doing it because it is really important to you go for it.

Well other than the door panels, everything is going to be restored or new in the interior. Since the car didn't come with a rim blow, I'm ok with the $200 repop for the 3-spoke. If it was 500-600, I'd probably get the rim blow restored. However, $1300 is just too much to spend on a wheel that isn't original to the car, I think.

Well other than the door panels, everything is going to be restored or new in the interior. Since the car didn't come with a rim blow, I'm ok with the $200 repop for the 3-spoke. If it was 500-600, I'd probably get the rim blow restored. However, $1300 is just too much to spend on a wheel that isn't original to the car, I think.
Just please don't throw away the old one. You or somebody else is going to be looking for a core someday. Heck, I'd invest $50 to have a core and used up pad tucked away. Things aren't going to get better in the C body rim blow wheel situation anytime soon.

I strongly disagree, obviously opinion varies. Ive had four types of steering wheels on my last four C's . My favorite is the wood grain wheel which is being reproduced. Its not a rimblow but it is the most comfortable. The three spoke is my least favorite
DSCF0223 (1024x768).jpg
187134 2010 dash pad.jpg
193510 2014 steering wheel.JPG
166663 2009 dash.JPG

Actually, I much prefer the stock wheel, three spokes at roughly 10, 2 and 6 so that either left or right hand sits comfortably at a spoke. The horn ring is always within range of my thumb, although I very rarely ever use the horn. The top area between 10 and 2 is free of obstacles allowing a clear view of the dash gauges. It's comfortable. Here I'm cruising with Paul with Gary and Robert in the rear taking pictures. Forgot to turn my hat around and sunburned my neck. This was my first time driving the beast in 30 plus years.
:steering:
20140515_105623.jpg

Sorry, edits not working for me. Was that 50$ in '78? Because even in 2004, that was worth 400$ CAD.
I strongly disagree, obviously opinion varies. Ive had four types of steering wheels on my last four C's . My favorite is the wood grain wheel which is being reproduced. Its not a rimblow but it is the most comfortable. The three spoke is my least favoriteView attachment 113800 View attachment 113801 View attachment 113802 View attachment 113803

I personally disagree with you on this point. I acknowledge that it is not the safest position available, but I love the feeling of the standard three spoke with just your right hand fingers on the collar in the straight ahead position. Brilliant! That and the Black ones seem indestructible, Greens, Blues, Golds etc. seem to crack.

Sorry, edits not working for me. Was that 50$ in '78? Because even in 2004, that was worth 400$ CAD.

I personally disagree with you on this point. I acknowledge that it is not the safest position available, but I love the feeling of the standard three spoke with just your right hand fingers on the collar in the straight ahead position. Brilliant! That and the Black ones seem indestructible, Greens, Blues, Golds etc. seem to crack.

I used to agree with that but feeling the thickness of the Rimblows trumped the 3 spoke. So the wood grain wheel you get the best of both

Back