Sticky sound

Reaction score
Hello everybody, i love the help from the community on here when asking questions and appreciate it. But to the point yesterday my front right tire made a noise like the tire was sticky or tacky on the road and would pick up sound wise as you accelerate and at a certain speeds would go away. Im currently going to go through it today is their anything I should be looking for?

Perhaps you unknowingly drove over something sticky, which got into the tire treads, and didn't know about it? Then, when you drove off, gravel was picked up by the sticky substance and made the noise (wheel speed proportional). Should wear off with a short time.

NOW, if you had "summer tires" (as in sticky-compound tires for very high performance use, as in auto-cross or road racing), you would have heard a "pop" as the tires un-stuck themselves from the pavement after sitting a while. Just a one-time deal.

CBODY67

Take off the wheel cover.
Test. If the same, get your head under the car and have someone turn the wheel back n forth.

I agree with Commando take off the wheel cover if you have them. Many times I have heard them squeak.

If no wheel covers (bet there isn't on this car), first thing is to check the lug nuts. Loose lug nuts can make a weird sound. Next would be wheel bearings.

Back