Stiff brake pedal.........1966 Chrysler Newport

+1 for NSS.

both my mopars do it,, a 1968, and a 2010.

sometimes I have to rock the car back and forth with gear in P and something starts acting right then I can start it.

I had a 68 cougar that did the same thing...

sigh

+1 for NSS.

both my mopars do it,, a 1968, and a 2010.

sometimes I have to rock the car back and forth with gear in P and something starts acting right then I can start it.

I had a 68 cougar that did the same thing...

sigh

I just don't get what causes it not work all of a sudden..........and then, for no reason, it just starts again. The car never moved and I didn't touch it for several hours.............:rant:

Just tried this method and I still get nothing whether it's in "P" or "N".............i'll have to try the jumping method. Only bad thing is I have a shelf built in the garage and the front of the car drives in underneath so I won't be able to open the hood very far...........and my driveway is up on an incline so I can't push it out too far because there is no way i'll get it back in the garage if it's out too far and I can't get it to start......LOL.......:BangHead:
if i was you when you get it running i would back the car in the garage from now on.

the bulkhead plugin in the firewall is bad. mopars are bad for this dolema. this is what makes some hard to start you no crank for a long time before it starts. the conection in the bulhead finally gets hot enough to finally make conaction or in you case won't crank at all sometimes. i always just cut the conection out of the bulkhead and just wire it straight thur.

the bulkhead plugin in the firewall is bad. mopars are bad for this dolema. this is what makes some hard to start you no crank for a long time before it starts. the conection in the bulhead finally gets hot enough to finally make conaction or in you case won't crank at all sometimes. i always just cut the conection out of the bulkhead and just wire it straight thur.

Whereabouts on the firewall is it located.......what does it look like?

Back