stock 14" wheel question

ratbikeatze

Reaction score
hello,
my problem is that i can not unmount the tires to check the size (back problems) but working on the paperwork to go to a different tire size , 215/80r14, and here it does not count thats the original size,

i can not find any marking on the 14" steelies (on the outside), which appear to be the stock ones, measuring and calculating gave me a 6" wide. am i right?

edit: it's a 68 new yorker

Last edited:
hello,
my problem is that i can not unmount the tires to check the size (back problems) but working on the paperwork to go to a different tire size , 215/80r14, and here it does not count thats the original size,

i can not find any marking on the 14" steelies (on the outside), which appear to be the stock ones, measuring and calculating gave me a 6" wide. am i right?

edit: it's a 68 new yorker

Welcome to the boards. If you're measuring, be sure to measure from the inside of one bead to the inside of the other. On a 14" wheel I'd suspect 6" would be the max. Wouldn't be surprised if it's actually less. I'm sure other more learned members of this forum will be glad to share.

If the wheels are original to your Chrysler they should be 14"x 6"... Some of the lesser/lower line cars had narrower wheels.

Back