Stock wheels

Dart GT808

Reaction score
I searched forums last night and couldn’t find an answer. 1964 imperial, what size was stock rims? Is there other Chrysler models that share same rims? If I had original hubcaps what years and what models can I use? Thank you

I searched forums last night and couldn’t find an answer. 1964 imperial, what size was stock rims? Is there other Chrysler models that share same rims? If I had original hubcaps what years and what models can I use? Thank you
One of the best things you can do is download a factory service manual at MyMopar Grab a parts manual while you're there.

Here's a screen shot from the wheel section and I've highlighted the Imperial wheel spec. As you can see, the stock wheels were 15 x 6 with a 5 on 5 1/2" bolt circle. Yea... 5 1/2 bolt circle. So, you might have to start looking at truck wheels.

Imperial wheels.jpg

Imperial's had the own wheel size, bolt pattern, offset, the works. Steve Magnante on Youtube. He has lots of Junkyard Crawl episodes on Imperials. Check them out, he covers their specific wheels in nearly all of them.

One of the best things you can do is download a factory service manual at MyMopar Grab a parts manual while you're there.

Here's a screen shot from the wheel section and I've highlighted the Imperial wheel spec. As you can see, the stock wheels were 15 x 6 with a 5 on 5 1/2" bolt circle. Yea... 5 1/2 bolt circle. So, you might have to start looking at truck wheels.

View attachment 628576
Thank you. Besides bold pattern, my concern was to be able to put original hubcaps on

Imperial's had the own wheel size, bolt pattern, offset, the works. Steve Magnante on Youtube. He has lots of Junkyard Crawl episodes on Imperials. Check them out, he covers their specific wheels in nearly all of them.
Of course they would… not gonna make it easy on someone 60 years later trying to find parts..

Different wheels across company lines isn't just an Imperial thing. Buick, Cadillac, Olds, all had there own designs too. All of that I learned from Steve's videos. Plus if it were easy, it wouldn't be as fun. Good luck

The OTHER thing is that Imperials sold a lot fewer vehicles than Cadillac or Lincoln, so harder to find parts, even when the cars were "used cars" as there just were not that many around. If "lower volume" meant "exclusivity", Imperial was it. All the way to the last one built in the 1980s.

When they went to the lengthened C-body platform for 1967, much more common (in many cases) mechanical parts. BUT there were still many Imperial-only items, too.

CBODY67

Since I have imperial wisdom looking at this, does anyone has picture of gauges at night from 63 and 64 to compare? I can’t find nothing on utube or here. Only thing I was able to see that people say 61-63 looks amazing at night and 64 looks like crap, but I haven’t seen actual pictures at night time.. thank you for reading

Are all of the lights in the instrument clusters new and working? As the lights are reflective in nature, might dust have migrated onto the reflecting areas to give them a dimmer appearance?

The OTHER thing is that those are TWO different designs of instrument clusters. Not sure if "amazing" has to do with visual impact or brightness of the lights?

Just curious,
CBODY67

Last edited:
Are all of the lights in the instrument clusters new and working? As the lights are reflective in nature, might dust have migrated onto the reflecting areas to give them a dimmer appearance?

The OTHER thing is that those are TWO different designs of instrument clusters. Not sure if "amazing" has to do with visual impact or brightness of the lights?

Just curious,
CBODY67
I guess what I’m saying I’ve never seen 63 imperial dash lights, you know those fancy phosphorus, bulb free design

If you are talking about the AstralDome displays, the last of which were the 1966 Chryslers, they did look very good as the letters and numbers glowed on a matte black background. There WERE bulbs, though, out of sight. They did look better than some of the more normal displays, though.

CBODY67

If you are talking about the AstralDome displays, the last of which were the 1966 Chryslers, they did look very good as the letters and numbers glowed on a matte black background. There WERE bulbs, though, out of sight. They did look better than some of the more normal displays, though.

CBODY67
I thought last year was 63 and 64 had plain and boring?

CBODY67
He's talking about the electroluminescent dashes they used from 1960-63. There's no bulbs. It uses a power supply that converts 12vdc to ~300vac at 120-200hz. (I had to look those figures up) . That gives power to phosphorus coated parts and makes them glow.

Used in 1960-62 Chryslers and 1966-67 Chargers also.

Local pickup in Hershey PA is not easy for most people wanting them No shipping option given that I can see, regardless of potential cost
Oh man, maybe I shouldn’t have posted it and let you find him some wheels? Do you have any wheels or links to for sale ads for this man?

The seller is accepting offers, and maybe when they don’t sell he would entertain and offer to ship them to a buyer. Seller has hundreds of positive feedbacks so he knows how to work with people.

Last edited:
As mentioned, stock for a '64 Imperial would be a 15 X 6" 5-5 1/2" Imperial only wheel (1948155). They came on '60-66 Imperials. The stock wheel cover is a '64 only part (2409812). In '57-9, they also made a 14 X 7" wheel (1730814) with the same bolt pattern that would fit the car too, but, the '64 wheel cover will not fit that wheel. You wouldn't want to have to find wide 14" tires anyway.

Back