stockinteriors pre formed carpet

Products like Dynamat are HEAVY, on a C-Body you are probably adding close to 200 lbs. I put this in my Barracuda and is still noisy, as noisy? probably not. My other Polara was quieter than my Barracuda and it didn't have it.

I'd love to see an actual comparison done, road test a car and check road noise, drive line noise, engine noise, exhaust noise and even wind noise. Different road/highway conditions on the same car before and after, I'm not sold.

Alan

Products like Dynamat are HEAVY, on a C-Body you are probably adding close to 200 lbs. I put this in my Barracuda and is still noisy, as noisy? probably not. My other Polara was quieter than my Barracuda and it didn't have it.

I'd love to see an actual comparison done, road test a car and check road noise, drive line noise, engine noise, exhaust noise and even wind noise. Different road/highway conditions on the same car before and after, I'm not sold.

Alan

I didn't use Dynamat, so I can't address that. The weight of the stuff I used was considerably less. I never weighed it, but I'm sure it was under 50lbs for the 100 sqft I used. Dynamat is an entirely different product.

Obviously, wind noise and exhaust noise will not be reduced. What you are doing is dampening the vibrations that the floor pan picks up from various sources. Most of that is what is reflected off the road.

I only have a "seat of the pants" opinion on this. I didn't have anything to measure sound levels. Subjectively, I felt that there was enough of a reduction in road noise to make this a worthwhile investment.

I just read the thread about a 69 Monaco that's for sale and spotted this. Notice the fading and the bulging area near the seat belt. That was how my ACC carpet fit.

16998765_10209094005769808_7178977089742095985_n-jpg.117398

I bought a maroon carpet in 2014,paid about 230$ for it but don't recall the manufacturer. The thing didn't fit right at all and has faded horribly already.

Here is another Video of these Guys with a lot of good information on insulation and underlayment:

I just read the thread about a 69 Monaco that's for sale and spotted this. Notice the fading and the bulging area near the seat belt. That was how my ACC carpet fit.

16998765_10209094005769808_7178977089742095985_n-jpg.117398

Agreed. ..I've had similar experiences with ACC ....it looked awful over a couple years

ACC makes their own products. Back in the 80's-90's I used them on several projects that worked out well. Then, when a plane crash in the early millennium decimated the ACC owner and entire executive staff of the company the quality took a nose dive. I bought a carpet for my 64 Chrysler 300 and it was a POS.... sent back.
Since then I've used Trim Parts for carpet and have been happy with them. (Not made by ACC).
I think ACC's quality has bounced back some, otherwise they would have gone out of business. Almost did. But I was shocked at the price increase of their product. It's just not THAT good...!

I highly recommend the "Fat Mat" sound deadener under your carpet. It made a difference in both Jazabelle, (a convertible), and the Admiral.
It's also a heat barrier. My floorboards don't get quite as hot above the exhaust.

ACC makes their own products. Back in the 80's-90's I used them on several projects that worked out well. Then, when a plane crash in the early millennium decimated the ACC owner and entire executive staff of the company the quality took a nose dive. I bought a carpet for my 64 Chrysler 300 and it was a POS.... sent back.
Since then I've used Trim Parts for carpet and have been happy with them. (Not made by ACC).
I think ACC's quality has bounced back some, otherwise they would have gone out of business. Almost did. But I was shocked at the price increase of their product. It's just not THAT good...!

I had forgotten about that...

Back