stop me before i do something stupid - 2010 dodge nitro rims on a 68 fury?

saylor

Reaction score
hey all - im about to do a front end drum to disc conversion with ECI brakes probably starting next weekend. Anyways I have stock 14" rims on now, but I have some 16" stock rims off a 2010 dodge nitro 2WD laying in the garage.... is it a direct swap - like the nitro isn't some special 'truck' rim or anything is it ? 2WD , ,no 4x4 front axle..

Everyone who knows me already knows what I'm going to say: NO DON'T DO IT, IT'S STUPID.

OK, we got that out of the way. Now.... Why??
The rims offset/backset is wrong. You're screwing with the geometry therefor the suspension and steering.
How do you know the bolt pattern will fit your aftermarket brakes.
It will also look wrong despite the the mindset of the urban fashionistas and the attention whores.

But, it is your car.....

< Sent from my tablet >

that's ^^ what I needed to know,, if they were different somehow... but this brings the question of what is the proper offset when I go to buy some rims ?

I think 15x7s front and 15x8s on the rear look good.

With 4.5" back space on 8" rear wheels, the clearance for the springs and outer wheel house should be fairly equal.

Last edited:
damn. OK. well. I measured the inside of my stock 16" 2010 dodge nitro rim, its like 6" - 7" deep to the hub (tire still on, hard to get accurate). .. I guess this is a no go

Yea, no go on the Nitro wheels but I bet you'll love the disc brake conversion.

Back