Sub-Division UPDATE

Heard on the news today that Raleigh-Durham is the second hottest Real Estate market in the country this year. That’s what I’ve been telling you guys. They’ve gone plum nuts out here.

In our neighborhood, the city approved jamming 37 townhouse living down the street from us.
I live in a post WW1 small housing of 800sq ft avg houses & they are proposing 15-1800sq ft units. They went as far as to get a bylaw amentments past to not have to haul away the snow build up and move the easements out by 4 ft so the builder can jam the housing in.

I was standing against this & at the by-law amendment meeting asked them who would be stupid enough to spend 500,000 plus on a house in a less than affluent area of the city.
The values would not go up anywhere as fast as a brand new unit in a brand new sub-division. Plus the infrastructure is not up to par even with what housing is in place already but the city doesn't give a hoot.
They will benefit by about $150G's a year in taxes collected.

Only problem I see with that fence is if there is a hot chick sunbathing in the nude you'll never get to see her now. :rofl:
Geez......that made the ol' memory (mammary?) Bank kick into high gear. Had a hottie living next to us years ago that was an exhibitionist. Used to pitch to the kids so they'd hit the ball over the fence.....

who would be stupid enough to spend 500,000 plus on a house in a less...

I see people make stupid offers quite often. They get wrapped up in emotions and just have to have "their dream house", which is fine if you have cash. Just this past week I saw someone trying to buy a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 800 sf house for $115,000 in a 60-80K neighborhood.:rolleyes:

This is going on over on the west coast of Florida where a longtime friend of mine lives.

10-04-19.Brooksville.FL.Sprawl.009.jpg

California style building as I call it, happening over in Australia too.

Reminds me of what a friend of mine said about California housing after he visited his cousin in the 80's "Hell if I open up your window I can shake hands with your neighbor!"

When I asked my friend in Brooksville FL how was the housing boom of 2006 going on over his way back then, his reply was "when I moved to Brooksville we had 1 stoplight, now we have 5 an'na I'm pissed off!". Wonder what he thinks now.
Heck once out at the Speedway in the grandstand I talked to a Orlando Police Officer that was born & raised in Orlando, he remembered when Orlando had 1 stoplight.

Coming soon here in Volusia County, it's a hot topic on the local talk radio.
idiots...
The trouble is it ain't retires filling up the housing like it was in the old days, but families.
The sprawl that builds & services the sprawl... never ending.
I'm soooo tired of hearing about the never ending school ****.

:soapbox:

This is going on over on the west coast of Florida where a longtime friend of mine lives.

It's the same here. These little POS houses in HOA neighborhoods are popping up everywhere around our bigger cities. Here's one between me and Bob. Most of these houses are so cheaply put together that I joke about them being put together by 5th graders with hot glue guns. But they sell quickly, mostly Gov backed loans....
upload_2019-10-4_9-28-49.png

Finally had a chance to ride through the Sub behind me yesterday. Since they put up the privacy fence I can’t see as much. Looks like 30 or so homes built now. 15 or so under various stages of construction. I only counted 15 that have been sold. The very first one they finished 16 months ago is still avaliable. Giant house behind me has been on the market nearly as long. Still over 20 lots left. The other sub about a mile down that got tied up in court is back active. I’m told it’s changed owners. They paved the roads & put up street signs & street lamps. The electrical crews have been running cable all month. They don’t have the road blocked so I may just ride through there soon & see if any building has began. The traffic out here is nuts. This sleepily two stop light town 20 miles from Raleigh has become a nightmare. A friend of mine who live in a Sub across town said 3 houses in the sub went on the market this year & all 3 sold in the first day. I’m guessing the reason the ones behind me are slow selling is people don’t want to move into a construction zone.

Finally had a chance to ride through the Sub behind me yesterday. Since they put up the privacy fence I can’t see as much. Looks like 30 or so homes built now. 15 or so under various stages of construction. I only counted 15 that have been sold. The very first one they finished 16 months ago is still avaliable. Giant house behind me has been on the market nearly as long. Still over 20 lots left. The other sub about a mile down that got tied up in court is back active. I’m told it’s changed owners. They paved the roads & put up street signs & street lamps. The electrical crews have been running cable all month. They don’t have the road blocked so I may just ride through there soon & see if any building has began. The traffic out here is nuts. This sleepily two stop light town 20 miles from Raleigh has become a nightmare. A friend of mine who live in a Sub across town said 3 houses in the sub went on the market this year & all 3 sold in the first day. I’m guessing the reason the ones behind me are slow selling is people don’t want to move into a construction zone.

People generally don't care about living in the construction zone . They'll gladly drive through , get nails in their tires and then act surprised .
They also are surprised when their new house is covered in dust . Then the noise they didn't count on.
They didn't mind others being inconvenienced for their place going up but usually complain once there. I guess they think they can handle it then realize they cant.

I'm anti-developement but I admit I am part of the problem.
I know my mentality is, I've got mine, let's stop here. Which, of course, is rediculous.
I'm especially concerned about Florida and Fumbuck County in particular.
Florida, itself, is being destroyed at a rate faster than the Amazon forests.
Yet..... I bought into a golf course development. 16 years later I have not reconciled myself with this irony.

I'm anti-developement but I admit I am part of the problem.
I know my mentality is, I've got mine, let's stop here. Which, of course, is rediculous.
I'm especially concerned about Florida and Fumbuck County in particular.
Florida, itself, is being destroyed at a rate faster than the Amazon forests.
Yet..... I bought into a golf course development. 16 years later I have not reconciled myself with this irony.

My opinions are similar to yours on this yet, I'm the guy building them ...

Build your forever home and be part of the preservation of Idaho, not part of the destruction, that's all.

We are looking at something built already so I don't have to be a part of the destruction of one of the last amazing places left.

Back