Super Stock Cbody :)

Those 295s will fit on a 66 without any changes to the fenders? Also installed a 391 with a Detroit Locker rear end

Here's my pile.
I made the mistake of putting MP XHD springs in the back, they sagged 3" in a year, so i called up Calvert and talked to a fellow there who sold me +2" springs, ended up way higher than that, but, it is what it is now.
I race mine when I'm able, so my front end has to come down some for weight transfer.
I have a Stroked RB block and 4 speed.
furysringre.jpg

Here's my pile.
I made the mistake of putting MP XHD springs in the back, they sagged 3" in a year, so i called up Calvert and talked to a fellow there who sold me +2" springs, ended up way higher than that, but, it is what it is now.
I race mine when I'm able, so my front end has to come down some for weight transfer.
I have a Stroked RB block and 4 speed.
View attachment 210220
Have you raised the stance since I last saw it?

Yes, the rear sits about 2" higher than last November. I think the unclamped XHD springs getting jacked with torque may have killed them. They dropped like a prom dress.

The front I lowered a couples inches. After the engine swap, the lighter weight brought the front up so there was no travel at all.
The camber was also a little more positive because of the height. It probably sits about the same as before now.

Life has been getting in the way of the front disc conversion, I'll set the front down even more still a that point, and get it all aligned.

This summer has been hotter than I remember summer being, here in the next couple months, when the temps drop back down, regular programming can resume.

It's difficult trying to get the right balance of each in a steet/strip machine like yours.
What you gain in one, you always lose something in the other.

Man thanks for sharing looks great! I was considering doing the Plymouth on the rear as well. As of now my suspension is all but will need to be changed at sometime for sure.

So are you happy with the new spring set up?
Well no not really.
I am hoping the will drop a little bit. They replaced a set of one year old Mopar Performance XHD springs that rode about the same, but planted a whole lot better. I have a pinion snubber on it, which doesn't do a thing with mono leafs.The spring separation of multis plus a snubber worked really well to race with.

The mono leafs are part of a system that uses Caltrac bars, which are not installed yet. Finances have not allowed it yet.

They are about half the weight of normal multi leaves, so that sold me. I have been on a mission to cut weight.
The quality control at Calvert is probably a whole lot better than at the taco factory the MP leaves are made at.

If you just want good springs there are a couple good sources, though I see nothing wrong with the Calverts.

Back