Supplier for Pal nut with seal

Story has it that the then Chrysler president, (Lynn Townsend..?), was the only one upset when he learned how labor intensive it was to install those letters in production.

Took me three tries to get the spelling right...... LOL.

I bet the UAW worker had to take a test to get this job.

You could rename it RED DEER HUNT and have an H left. Just say it was a spring special. :)

Sorry, not tonight?

:laughing4: I don't hear that too often.

"I go with something new today"

Last edited:
I could paint the windowframes of the house, but I'll do it on Friday now, have to test my new VCR.

I threw out all the VCR's and tapes more than a decade ago......

Plus the 60Hz 110v with an American converter or 50Hz 220v was always a major pain in the *** when I was there. Thank God they had plenty of stuff at the PX. LOL!!!

Just a little update if anyone else runs into this situation. I was able to buy Pal nut from my local Fastenal store. They were in stock and they didn't even have to order them. These did not have the rubber inners but I solved that problem by simply cutting some small squares from some rubber roofing I had lying around and then make a small x in the middle to slide over the trim clip and then twist on the Pal nut. I worked perfectly and fit nice and snug.

I did find a replica Pal nut with rubber but they were 50 cents each, but I got a box of 100 without for $15. I could have saved some money buying just a few at 50 cents but it was the general principle of the matter.

If anyone needs Pal nuts for the top trim on their early c-bodies, let me know I can drop a few in an envelope and send them your way for nothing, hell I'll even send some of my rubber roofing too.

I'm trying to find a source for this style of panel fastener in bulk (50).
You pay like $4.00 for a bubble pack of six at the the parts stores. Sheesh!!!

503275.JPG

I was being sly. I was trying to make you give me the direct link.... :rolling:
Ok, ok, I'll look for it myself...:mornincoffee:

Last edited:
I was being sly. I was trying to make you give me the direct link.... :rolling:
Ok, ok, I'll look for it myself...:mornincoffee:

Perhaps I could locate it..... purchase it....... carry it over and install it for you.....? :poke:Would that help......? :evil5:

No, I actually had enough brain cells still alive to plow through that gawd-awful auveco on line catalog and find them. $4/50 pcs. vs. the 6 pcs. Autozone gives you. Ordered them from someone on ebay.
FWIW, I've been using auveco for many years. A gold mine!

< Sent from my tablet >

Back