sway bar bushings

polaraman66

Reaction score
Anybody know where to find the bushings for the sway bar to radius rod bushings and the square bushings that go in the link to the frame for a 66 Polara? Have found all the other bushings, but these.

I had to replace the bushings + the outside metal on my '66 Chrysler wagon end links.
I got mine from carid in 2018, and they were a Delco part, believe it or not.
Are the outside metal part on your bushings 2 piece and bolted together with 2 bolts?

Rock Auto has some, though not the MK7061s. Rare Parts would be my first search, then eBay. I horded several sets last year.....

How different is the MK7064? And regardless which one works or is best, would the solid one be absolutely necessary or would the split ones work?

How different is the MK7064? And regardless which one works or is best, would the solid one be absolutely necessary or would the split ones work?

Either works just dandy. I slit the Mevotechs carefully, and slipped them over the strut rod, just as I would a Moog. I'm not such a big fan of Moog any longer, as they've allowed too much foreign labor to make their wares. (NOS Moog is SWELL, for the METAL anyway. Old rubber isn't always so great you know.) You can clearly see on those Mevotech's the Made in U.S.A. stamp on the rubber. I'm sure the idea of having them solid is for folk to take the strut rod loose, then insert it into the bushing. The slit allows one to slip it on without removing the strut rod. I like that, as firming up that sway bar's rubber helps shore up the suspension a bit until one CAN replace ALL the components together, at once, as is best, but not always feasible.

Thanks for all the help. Wound up ordering a set from RockAuto, Delphi part #TD4554w. the ones i removed where kinda tear drop shaped, not sure if that was original shape, new ones are round with a ridge on the od. I have a corresponding groove in my brackets, so i think they will be ok. the new ones are made of a pretty hard poly. Took a bit of lube and persuasion to get them on the radius rods. Not got it all together yet, so hope they work out.

If your's looked like mine, let me know how your new ones fit. I'm going to be looking for some.

bushing.jpg

Thanks for all the help. Wound up ordering a set from RockAuto, Delphi part #TD4554w. the ones i removed where kinda tear drop shaped, not sure if that was original shape, new ones are round with a ridge on the od. I have a corresponding groove in my brackets, so i think they will be ok. the new ones are made of a pretty hard poly. Took a bit of lube and persuasion to get them on the radius rods. Not got it all together yet, so hope they work out.
If your's looked like mine, let me know how your new ones fit. I'm going to be looking for some.
THOSE are ORIGINALS all right. I had them on Gertrude also. I don't know if Delphi is any better or worse than Mevotech or McQuay-Norris. The former is quite new, but makes good American rubber, the other venerable with some good cause.

I suspect that only Mopar or their subcontractors Back in The Day made those bushings with the extra tab contacting the swaybar. Were it not for our acquisition of our barn find in Sept 2021, I'd never have known firsthand about how the Original Rubber was shaped in the suspension and elsewhere.

The new stuff fits and works FINE comrades! Be glad. I noticed improvement immediately on driving with the new rubber.

Those bushings do fit properly even tho they do not look anything like the originals. For anybody looking to replace the bushings where the links attach to the stub, i ordered Energy Suspension part no. 9.8177G from O'Rielly Auto parts. They are poly bushings for shocks, but the fit is perfect and are even black, and cost like $16.

Those bushings do fit properly even tho they do not look anything like the originals. For anybody looking to replace the bushings where the links attach to the stub, i ordered Energy Suspension part no. 9.8177G from O'Rielly Auto parts. They are poly bushings for shocks, but the fit is perfect and are even black, and cost like $16.

Those poly bushings should do fine up there. I'd be wary of using poly elsewhere though, as it is harder than rubber, resulting in more vibration reaching the iron. Not good.

I agree. Only place I have used them is on the sway bar, at the frame and the radius rod end. Not found a suitable replacement for the square ones on the links tho. Anybody know where to find them?

Craig at Mobileparts. He is a member here.

Wow! Guess I didnt look everywhere! lol. Thanks Gerald. If it is 2 sets, that would be good, I have several cars!

He has a set of 4 for ~$65 I think. Sway Bar Bushings Set 4 Pieces Fits 1965 - 1978 Chrysler Dodge Plymouth | eBay

I have several sets I copped off Rock Auto last year, so I'm good. Get some from old Andersen. He's a decent Mormon whom I've learned to trust.

I don't trust parts flippers who refuse to put their business on the Net myself. With ePay, if you get burned, there IS legal recourse. Other sorts just pander to fallacy and phobia.

Back