Sway bar for 67 fury

Dick Singleton

Reaction score
I'm putting big block in my 67 sport fury
Was 318
All big block cars I've seen have a sway bar
My 318 car does not
I kept the sway bar out of the Newport donor car but I am unable to find bushings for it
And i haven't seen any bushing kits for any 67 cbody sway bars
I'm sure I'm not looking in right place
Someone should be selling them
All I've seen are b body a body e body
Are there any aftermarket sway bar options?

Was 318
My 318 car does not
I kept the sway bar out of the Newport donor car but I am unable to find bushings for it

When I swapped a 520” stroker in my ‘68 Sport Fury I did not add a front sway bar and the car drives and handles just fine. In 1968, 318 Fury’s used the same torsion bars as 440 cars. You might want to check a parts book on which torsion bars you have as they varied depending on the engine size.

Also, the sway bar brackets are welded on and have to be welded on in the right spot on both sides.

Was 318
My 318 car does not
Yes; ADDCO makes sway bars for front and rear. You'll have to fabricate sturdy mounting points for the end links -some welding required- but they fit just dandy in my '67 Fury III. I'm glad I put them in, handling was improved a lot.

When I swapped a 520” stroker in my ‘68 Sport Fury I did not add a front sway bar and the car drives and handles just fine. In 1968, 318 Fury’s used the same torsion bars as 440 cars. You might want to check a parts book on which torsion bars you have as they varied depending on the engine size.

Also, the sway bar brackets are welded on and have to be welded on in the right spot on both sides.
How do you like the "B" block? Performance? How's it set up?

bushings from clamps to strut rod Mevotech 7064...they dont have the little extra tab like the original but they work...bushings for links to bar and chassis Mevotech 7061...Rockauto has them...the chassis had 2 brackets inside the rails that the links attached to...these would have to be cut off a sway bar equipped car or fabricated as they were just a flat plate about 3 inches square with a hole in the center and 2 triangular gussets to reinforce them to the frame....if you require more accurate dimensions and locations i could measure them for you...oh an a quick note about the previously mentioned rear bars from Addco etc...they don't clear TTI exhaust systems...think only the Firm Feel one does....and it appears that both the Firm Feel and PST front bars are designed to attach to the factory chassis mounts

Last edited:
0714231725.jpg

bushings from clamps to strut rod Mevotech 7064...they dont have the little extra tab like the original but they work...bushings for links to bar and chassis Mevotech 7061...Rockauto has them...the chassis had 2 brackets inside the rails that the links attached to...these would have to be cut off a sway bar equipped car or fabricated as they were just a flat plate about 3 inches square with a hole in the center and 2 triangular gussets to reinforce them to the frame....if you require more accurate dimensions and locations i could measure them for you...oh an a quick note about the previously mentioned rear bars from Addco etc...they don't clear TTI exhaust systems...think only the Firm Feel one does
I had my exhaust completely redone (dual exhaust in place of original). Custom work, so it does clear just fine.

How do you like the "B" block? Performance? How's it set up?

It is a 440 bored & stroked to 520". It is a pump gas engine that was built by a professional engine builder to be used for Stock Appearing drag racing and street use. Given the 4,000 lb weight of the car, the engine was built with the emphasis on torque. I enjoy it and runs like a regular 440 when driven normally. With a 3.73 rear gear and H70/15 bias ply tires, it ran a 13.45 quarter mile and has the potential to go quicker with a more experienced driver and some suspension work. With drag radials, it would run in the 12's. For more information on my car, go to:

For Sale - 1968 Plymouth Sport Fury Hardtop, 520" Stroker. $25,000

Back