Tallhair's Big Adventure - Chicago edition

If you take the route I mentioned above, you should be fine.
I was thinking you were going to take 57 north to 90/94 through Chicago to 90 to Rosemont.
Don't take this route cause this is where you'll be driving through the "bad" areas.

I get you but we may be needing to get off the interstate at about that time.

I'm doing either 57 or 55 to 294.

Do you think 57 is safer / better than 55 at that time of night?

Now that I see where you're coming from, I agree with MarPar by taking 55 to 294.

It's been sooooooooooo long since I've been there that I've forgotten more than I knew. But, Any place that falls under the yellow "Vienna Beef" is a good place for a Hot Dog or Italian beef. You can't go wrong! Kinda like this!
And have a couple of Gottlieb's for me too.
872.jpg
1001.jpg
855.jpg

Now that I see where you're coming from, I agree with MarPar by taking 55 to 294.

also, I would think the hotel wouldn't charge you anything since you're staying there already.
:rofl::rofl: Those damn hotels charge for parking, even as a guest. Some don't even have a self-park, but valet only. Their excuse for charging is that it is unfair to include parking for all guests, since many don't bring a car. That's a BS story, but they're sticking with it. It's just another money grab.

:rofl::rofl: Those damn hotels charge for parking, even as a guest. Some don't even have a self-park, but valet only. Their excuse for charging is that it is unfair to include parking for all guests, since many don't bring a car. That's a BS story, but they're sticking with it. It's just another money grab.

I would ***** up a storm. esp by O'hare. in the city, they'll stick it to ya any chance they get, but in the burbs it isnt all that bad.

huh. son of a...

Capture.PNG

they do charge for parking. wtf.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised...it is in Cook County.

crook county.JPG

i went to giordanos ? pizza ? on Randolph st ? I think - to try the 'Chicago pizza'. it took about an hour to make it, and it was very bready,, if you are used to thin slice pizza. it was aight.

then - there is some hot dog joint downtown where they are rude to you. it was a good dawg. and worth going there to get berated. especially as a Texan, we tore into each other pretty good. they knew I wasn't from around there. it was fun.

but - again as a Texan, I look people in the eye, and say hello when passing a doorway, etc... I was warned to not do that.

like when I went to springfield mass and they told me don't stop at red lights after dark.. what the hell.

o ya there is some famous nut/popcorn candy type store downtown. it was aight too, but the line was down the block and around the corner. totally insane.

any place that is that jacked up, I don't want to be there. they can keep it.

sorry to anyone that lives there, but damn. yall got a jacked up city.

- saylor

Seems like every time go through there some kind of vehicle craziness going on. Once there was a car on its roof near shoulder and right hand lane, nobody around, I mean nobody. Another time one on fire, fully engulfed nobody around. Guess they were all busy with other things.

I just saw where you are coming from, you might pass my neck of the woods. If you need a hot meal you're more than welcome to stop. If you need to sleep for a bit and don't mind a dog I can roll out the hide A bed.

I just saw where you are coming from, you might pass my neck of the woods. If you need a hot meal you're more than welcome to stop. If you need to sleep for a bit and don't mind a dog I can roll out the hide A bed.

Thanks man ! I really appreciate it. I think we'll be good but appreciate the offer. We are heading back this evening.

That's a good one but I meant this one

94633-9f7c93935aaf85684d6cedc3170490bc.jpg

Thanks for the hospitality Mar !! Mrs tallhair and I enjoyed meeting you, after all this time, and you gf and daughter.

Had a great time hanging out in the Mopar den and checking out the Newport first hand, not to mention the X and LTP dart.

Thanks for the hospitality Mar !! Mrs tallhair and I enjoyed meeting you, after all this time, and you gf and daughter.

Had a great time hanging out in the Mopar den and checking out the Newport first hand, not to mention the X and LTP dart.

It was my pleasure, Bry. You and Mrs Tallhair are welcome back in the MarPar CarBar anytime Brother! I had a great time myself. Trading stories and car talk. Man did time fly! lol

Hope y'all have a great rest of your trip here in Chicago!

Last edited:
It was my pleasure, Bry. You and Mrs Tallhair are welcome back in the MarPar CarBar anytime Brother! I had a great time myself. Trading stories and car talk. Man did time fly! lol

Hope y'all have a great rest of your trip here in Chicago!

Agreed. You guys are welcome at ours as well brother

Will let you know if we decide to come up for the auction.

That sounds like a lot of fun

Back