Tennessee trooper car

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Another cool car from my friends collection.
The car runs and drives great and is fully equipped.
He mentioned to me that it needed a new home.... I don't know much about it but can get what ever information needed for someone interested

plymouth trooper car (Large).jpg

plymouth trooper car interior (Large).jpg

That's cool! Pretty primitive compared to today's police cars.

cop cars

I saved a 1971 Polara 2 dr hardtop Nebraska State Patrol car from a junkyard back years ago... I have the build sheet and some paper work to verify that it is a Patrol car. There was papers in the glovebox with speedometer certification and something signed by the officer that drove the car. I tracked down his son, he told me his dad died when he was fairly young and he had nothing on the car.
Nebraska used 2 dr hardtops in 70 and 71, I talked to the purchasing agent and she was very helpful with a couple pictures and an invoice with the brand and type of light bar used. They were also ordered with HP 383's, She said the Patrol felt that they didn't need the 440 engine.
The engine is froze up. I have a good running HP 440 out of another 1975 Patrol car that will get installed over the winter, hopefully get it running and safe to drive by next spring. I'll get some pictures up and posted when I get some
I remember when I was 16 or 17 I got stopped by a patrolman, driving a 1970 Ford LTD with a 429, it sounded pretty badass.

Sounds like you have a plan and have her under control. Yep, we need to see some pictures of this interesting build.

71 cop car

I dropped my camera awhile back, sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. Today I went down to take some and it wouldn't work. I'll borrow someone's and get on the ball. Sorry

Back