Texas auction of a Mopar Hoard.

The person with the toys would have been happy with what he/she had while they were alive. That means they won in some ways just because they had the things that drove their desire. No one else matters at that point. Not your wife or your kids or your grand kids. Even if they crush it all. The guy who had it was happy with what he had. Even if all he did was stare at them.

Perhaps, but why leave such a confused array of things for your loved ones to deal with? Part of me thinks this is the height of arrogance and selfishness. The dead person didn't "win" ****. I've seen people leave this earth with such a mess of what their life was, for their heirs to sift through and spend $$$ on lawyers to sort it out - and take half of what was there, in the first place. A will or a trust is the very least a person can do to leave their heirs a roadmap to go with. I think a person owes that to their spouse/kids/g-kids...etc.

Last edited:
Spankys Freedom Car Auctions

this is what is available today. The 14th is the online only memorabilia auction but there are no pictures. There were pictures last night.
I went to that link and clicked all around and found nothing about the books.

If the stuff that you want to bid on are those books in the shelf in the back corner of the garage in the video, yea that a pretty poor presentation of the 'Catalogues' and as too the online bidding only, bidding will be a PITA as you would have to go there for the preview day then camp and by judging by the size of the satellite dish find some city close by that has good internet to bid in as I take it this place is out in the boonies somewhere in the Midland oil field area(?).

I went to that link and clicked all around and found nothing about the books.

I think it's about the images seen here although the description says "(EXAMPLE PHOTO ONLY) NEW LOTS BEING ADDED DAILY DEALER PARTS & SERVICE MANUALS "

R6K0ymKx7cai9RoiEYo8OmoP.jpeg.jpg

img]

Last edited:
Exactly! Those documents are included with the books according to the current list of items. I want the books. Was looking at carlisle but didn't see what I was after. The docs are very intriguing and would make for a great secondary of what I'm after in the first place.

Exactly! Those documents are included with the books according to the current list of items. I want the books. Was looking at carlisle but didn't see what I was after. The docs are very intriguing and would make for a great secondary of what I'm after in the first place.
Initially, they just showed as a giant lot... now they are a place holder for breaking down into smaller lots... I suspect folks had better trend carefully, this company seems to have a tendency to make multi-piece lots into ($ X quantity) and might slip in a surprise when the auction turns live.

OK with some more clicking around I found this link that shows the ancillary items (AND GARAGE **** TOO!)
Pretty lame for a supposed auctioneer for "elite sellers and buyers" as it still looks like a ongoing project with quite a few items having no pictures.
Here's the LINK:
Great Texas MOPAR Hoard Parts, & Memorabilia Auction

It's nice to have HiRes pictures I'll give them credit for that, but being in .jpeg format me thinks they are working on a Mac so.... maybe that's the problem.

Here's some interesting stuff in the books.

Texas.Hoaed.Auction.Parts.Catalogs.&.Service.Manuals.006.cut1.jpg
Texas.Hoaed.Auction.Parts.Catalogs.&.Service.Manuals.006.cut2.jpg

An of course what Y'all been waithing for GARAGE ****!

GARAGE.****.jpeg

:lol:

In just reading the schedule I find it odd that they are auctioning off the lot and house first, maybe they were hoping one of their elite buyers would pony up $$$$$$ for the whole shebang and they would be able to go home early, heh. (I'm sure there is a clause that they can cancel auction anytime in the TOS I'll bet)

10am Tuesday October 5th Real Estate 320 Acres +/- Farm With House, Barn, Outbuildings, Silos, (4) Water Wells & More

Oh yea, in the drone footage the ranch is 'Free Roam' so the 'Guard Cows' are on patrol, so if you go there to preview wear appropriate footwear for cow pie land mines (and in the Magnante videos) plus snake leggings are a real good idea.

Answering this one vs the other many replies... 22% or 15%.. fine if the price is right, $100 title fee would be fantastic to know I had proper documentation secured, but the concern that I might run into the wall of having to get a bonded title causes me some problems.

Most lots have title pictures, and a number of them were open titles the deceased never changed to his name... maybe he had a dealer license at some point or maybe he just didn't want to pay taxes or trigger curbstoning laws for buying too many cars in a year, but the legal disclaimer type nonsense from the auction company gives me NO confidence that I would be supported or have any recourse if the state decide NOT to issue a title... or worse yet, brand the car and make it even more difficult/expensive to resolve.

IMO, the price of the car + fees + transport issues (not in a metropolitan area included) = easy decision (painful, but easy). Add on the titling unknowns + possible punishment fees (was told $600 is a starting point to get an open title in FL when I asked the one agency I'd trust to handle the job) + unknown time issues which can make other problems (local storage lots no longer seem to allow unregistered/uninsured cars... can't do either until the title comes in)...
I'm just getting through looking at my fav Plymouth's, but I did take a break and look at some of the Dodge's and it appears he was more of a Dodge guy as those titles were actually transferred over to his name but unsigned by him. One title with a quick look for a old 50's Dodge It appears on the title that there are 2 liens and it looks like the original 50's title and I don't think I saw any where that the lien was released... so BBW someone may be knocking on your door from the past after the sale LOL. Very shaky paperwork, but they do state in most of the lots Bonded Tile required and **Bill of Sale**

Oh yea a quicky on the white 1967 Fury I PK 4dr car, the drivers floor is toast and I shake my head at the video where Magnante labels it "a little rust" I would seriously look at the stub on this one. He's kind of mind bending in the videos, why does he keep referring to the cop spotlight as "WigWag"?
On a plus I learned what 'Honest Rust" is from him! LMAO...

Dang, wagons i was looking at already over 2000. If they go 4-5000 without titles, that seems a little high

Dang, wagons i was looking at already over 2000. If they go 4-5000 without titles, that seems a little high
Welp... it's the Elite BJ crowd so... I'm waiting to see what the fully geared 1988 Gran Fury Ohio State Patrol car hits, last I checked it was over 3 grand and I checked the Vintage Cop Car FB group yesterday and they weren't going all giggy'ity'gooo about it, mab'be they are holding they're cards close to the chest or only get excited 'bout ferds & chebbys(?).

Is anyone here planning to make the trip to Big Springs for the auction? I'm interested in bidding on a intake manifold and need someone who could pick it up and perhaps ship it to me.

Thanks,
Will.

[QUOTE="68PK21 1988 Gran Fury Ohio State Patrol car hits, last I checked it was over 3 grand

How does one go about verifying the current bid amount on a lot at this auction?

I don't know what you mean by "verifying the current bid amount" but on any page of the vehicles I take it shows the current bid in the dollar amount like this one with a click on bid bar.

10-07-21.Texas MOPAR Hoard Auction 1988 Plymouth Gran Fury.freedomcarauctions.com.jpg

And... LOL When I was going through my picks I kept hearing some very faint cellphone ding/tick sound that had me looking around picking up my cellphones going wtf and where is that sound coming from... upon further investigation (getting up and wandering around) it's coming from the main search page so I take it's to inform you a bid has been placed?. Further investigation may be needed. Laff...

Welp... it's the Elite BJ crowd so... I'm waiting to see what the fully geared 1988 Gran Fury Ohio State Patrol car hits, last I checked it was over 3 grand and I checked the Vintage Cop Car FB group yesterday and they weren't going all giggy'ity'gooo about it, mab'be they are holding they're cards close to the chest or only get excited 'bout ferds & chebbys(?).

BJ crowd buying this type of stuff?

BJ crowd buying this type of stuff?
In their about the auctioneer on the web page the guy that's started and is head of the company is a famed former gavel banged from BJ and they waff on about "elite sellers and buyers" and committed/tight/dedicated family etc of 'The Classic Car Community' yaa da yaa da...

In one of their previous auctions of some oil man rich guys man cave I looked at his collection of Cushman scooters, one of the top selling ones for like 6 grand I thought was not too outrageous of a price for that pretty nice looking collectible, but in the Hi-Res closeup pictures you could see some of the rust pitting showing through the paint on brackets and thought that is a easy resto as you could power sand that down smooth (don't go crazy) with the right bench belt or disc sander.
A good chrome shop will do it, they went a little crazy on a set of Harley pipes when I sent them out to be re-chromed, the bracket clamps were a little rounded on the edges. No worries thou I picked up several complete OEM exhaust sets at the swap meets for 20 bucks a set. In the AMF daze those fools on their new bikes would take off all sorts of crap to make it 'Their Own', gold mine to me for OEM parts.

Other thought I had viewing a previous auction was a car that had a Mecum Invoice, heh so this is a 'second chance' to get what you lost out on at a previous auction.

Back