Thank you for the warm welcome.

cruisinwithsusan

Reaction score
I've been watching and enjoying the forum for about 10 years. I have an avocado green Chrysler 300 that I drive most summer days. She's all original except the top and driver's seat panel, but always needing something. I'm hoping to learn how to keep her in decent shape.
unnamed.jpg
unnamed (3).jpg

Welcome @cruisinwithsusan — great looking 300 ‘vert! I own a blue one.

It’d be great if you could post your car’s fender tag here, or in the thread that acts as an informal registry of the 1970 C-body convertibles:

Welcome from Virginia!
Jack Russell Terrier? (my kids loved Wishbone, PBS)
Love dogs and your vert.

Sorry for the delayed response.
Yep, a Jack Russel. Not for sale today, but some days....
Here are a few photos, including the tag. The double snorkel was added by me. Unfortunately no TNT here. I wish. Since the heat broke here in mid-Missouri this is my daily driver. It just turned over 100k, 15k of which I'm responsible for. Was essentially a one-owner since the original purchaser sold it back to the dealer who stored it for 20 to 25 years, and then the next owner was a flipper. I've had it about 10 years. I'd enjoying hearing about any info gleaned from the tag.

unnamed (6).jpg

unnamed (5).jpg

unnamed (4).jpg

unnamed1.jpg

unnamed (6).jpg

unnamed (5).jpg

unnamed (4).jpg

unnamed1.jpg

@cruisinwithsusan -- thank you! Great looking car :thumbsup:

I have taken the liberty to copy your 300's tag, and to link to the present thread, in the Last of the Convertibles thread that @c-barge started back in 2014 and that, in the past few years, has become the unofficial registry of the 1970 C-body 'verts.

Here is a quick decoding of the tag. Reading from the bottom up, and left to right:

E85 440 4-barrel engine (350 hp)
D32 transmission -- HD A-727 Torqueflite

CM: Chrysler 300 ("Medium")
27: 2-Door Convertible

T: 440 4-barrel HP Engine (350 hp)
0: 1970 Model Year
C: Jefferson, MI (Plant)

198957: Sequence Number (Note: CM27T0C198957 gives the VIN)

FF4: Lime Green Poly (metallic paint)

M6: Vinyl front bucket seats, Medium trim (300)
F8: Green Interior

FF4: Lime Green Poly Interior Door Frames

225: February 25, 1970 Scheduled Build Date (Note: as @69CoronetRT has taught us, your car may have been built on another day, but AFAIK -- unless it were a Hurst -- it's unlikely more than a few days before or after the SBD)

187748: Order number

V3W: White Vinyl Top

H51: Manual A/C

R13: 5.5-watt AM Radio

P31: Power Windows

L31: Fender-top Signal Repeaters

C21: Buddy Seat

P25: Power left front seat

B51: Power Front Drum Brakes

G11: Tinted Windshield

V5X: Black Rubber Insert in the Body-Side Moldings

Absolutely, thank you for helping add to the registry. Alas, the tag doesn't indicate bucket seats and a console like your beauty, much less a U-code 440!

That is one beautiful car!
A T code motor is no slouch. That's a great set up!

Back