Thank you, Zac, for a great afternoon.

I use this Nikon P510

1336434_1_original.jpg

You have some very nice equipment. I understand the sentiment about not dragging a good camera into a rough environment but I went simple and used with a Sony Nex system. I therefore feel less constrained since I have less invested. Sony has some nice lenses that go with this system.

intro-001.jpg

Thank you so much for the kind words Jeff. The pleasure was really all mine! Had a great time myself. Really need to get together again sometime soon. Hopefully the garlits show will be a go this year.

We both goofed on the bumpers I guess. lol. I went through the message to get the address to that place, and never even noticed! Was surprised how much was still left of the old girl. However, don't see too many formals running around here, so parts must not be useful to most.

As I mentioned yesterday, even I was surprised how well the truck did. She must of wanted to put on a good show for you. Sure enough this morning she's acting up again. Loading up with fuel, and running like ****.. that's alright, the cummins is coming soon enough :poke:.

I used to have a nice cannon for pics a few years ago. My negligence ruined it though. The batteries corroded, and ruined the camera. Lots of stuff still on that memory card. Need to see about getting the data out of it.

I'd love to get a go pro one of these days, after seeing some of the great footage posted up by some of you guys on here. Don't really take much video, but seems like something neat to putz around with.

I have a Nikon we got from Laura's daughter, it's old but can do way more than I need it to. I'd use it more but the shutter speed is slow, and I haven't figured out if that's normal or if I can adjust it. I can take 20 times the amount of pictures with my phone in the same amount of time. The other downside is the small display, sucks in bright sunlight as you can't see the pic very well, let alone if it's what you wanted to shoot. But it is good and takes good quality pictures.

See if you can adjust the ISO speed up.

(note: ball busting of cantflip in process)
And a well deserved one... Thanks:rofl:
You really are a formal *****
Guilty... someone else had the 71 Polara market all tied up:poke:

With my limited time,space and resources... it makes sense to me to put my focus on a single body style. Maybe if the right P/U comes around at the right time, I may diversify.:D
I have a Nikon we got from Laura's daughter, it's old but can do way more than I need it to. I'd use it more but the shutter speed is slow, and I haven't figured out if that's normal or if I can adjust it. I can take 20 times the amount of pictures with my phone in the same amount of time. The other downside is the small display, sucks in bright sunlight as you can't see the pic very well, let alone if it's what you wanted to shoot. But it is good and takes good quality pictures.
I just picked on yours to discuss my lack of camera knowledge. I have 2 kinda ok digital cameras. Work gives us some bonus booklet to choose a gift from every 5 years... and the only thing I could even think I would use was the cameras. I didn't shop for, or pay for them... and I know little about them. One is nice sized for a pocket, which is what I usually use, the other is bigger and probably better, but confuses me even more than the first one.

When I gave the pair over to John's children at Carlisle, @live4theking , I really had nothing to lose and received the benefit of some great pictures without doing the legwork myself.
Thank you so much for the kind words Jeff. The pleasure was really all mine! Had a great time myself. Really need to get together again sometime soon. Hopefully the garlits show will be a go this year.

We both goofed on the bumpers I guess. lol. I went through the message to get the address to that place, and never even noticed! Was surprised how much was still left of the old girl. However, don't see too many formals running around here, so parts must not be useful to most.

As I mentioned yesterday, even I was surprised how well the truck did. She must of wanted to put on a good show for you. Sure enough this morning she's acting up again. Loading up with fuel, and running like ****.. that's alright, the cummins is coming soon enough :poke:.

I used to have a nice cannon for pics a few years ago. My negligence ruined it though. The batteries corroded, and ruined the camera. Lots of stuff still on that memory card. Need to see about getting the data out of it.

I'd love to get a go pro one of these days, after seeing some of the great footage posted up by some of you guys on here. Don't really take much video, but seems like something neat to putz around with.
I know I screwed up, maybe you checked the engine size? The car had an intact B/RB and transmission in it, but we were low on time. I'm also way too cheap to throw $300 into a transmission core (the u pull rate down my way)... Don't get too excited, the car sat in there a year and the carb was gone... I'm sure the engine had water in it.

Zac, you know i like the cummins project, I would like even more on a small block truck... but she's a truck and not a perfect show piece, I'm all for the fun.:lol:

Thanks for the invite Zac, hopefully we can all hang at Garlits!
It would have been a great surprise to see you there Doug, sorry your plans changed. I will be at Garlits... and hopefully we can spend more time this year.:thumbsup:
Sounds like you guy's had a good time doing the junkyard crawl
Time was too short... all my fault. If I had my poop together I'd be dangerous.

The other downside is the small display, sucks in bright sunlight as you can't see the pic very well, let alone if it's what you wanted to shoot.
All good cameras like yours will have a screen brightness setting. The default setting from the factory is dim to preserve battery life. Find the adjustment and you should be good to go.

My new iPhone SE has a 12mp camera and that's better than any digital camera I ever owned. I can easily upload or send pictures and for the pictures I take, it's better than I need. At $200, it's a lot of bang for the buck.

It's always in my pocket and I can make a phone call with it too.

All good cameras like yours will have a screen brightness setting. The default setting from the factory is dim to preserve battery life. Find the adjustment and you should be good to go.
I'm pretty sure it was just the blinding sun, we had the same issue with our cell phones, it was just that bright. Or I'm stupid! Could be.

My new iPhone SE has a 12mp camera and that's better than any digital camera I ever owned. I can easily upload or send pictures and for the pictures I take, it's better than I need. At $200, it's a lot of bang for the buck.

It's always in my pocket and I can make a phone call with it too.
Phones are amazing now, aren't they.

I think I'll just add to this thread rather than start something new. A big shout out to @Bruzilla , thank you for the parts. Bruzilla was trying to dispose of the remains of a 73 Town and Country and a few other items and offered up the last for the first person to come and clean out his garage... I had to spend the gas, it was my favorite price and got me another 727 core.

Since I was already almost there, I spent the afternoon providing a little more destruction to my favorite 78 Formal junkyard find... no pics, sorry folks.

Being so close, I had to stop by and visit Zac and Sabrina @monaco75 , thanks to them both for the hospitality and refreshments. I will eventually start a thread showing the parts that go to Carlisle, FCBO regulars get first dibs and transporting to Carlisle shouldn't be a problem since that's where I plan to take most of it anyhow.

I think I'll just add to this thread rather than start something new. A big shout out to @Bruzilla , thank you for the parts. Bruzilla was trying to dispose of the remains of a 73 Town and Country and a few other items and offered up the last for the first person to come and clean out his garage... I had to spend the gas, it was my favorite price and got me another 727 core.

Since I was already almost there, I spent the afternoon providing a little more destruction to my favorite 78 Formal junkyard find... no pics, sorry folks.

Being so close, I had to stop by and visit Zac and Sabrina @monaco75 , thanks to them both for the hospitality and refreshments. I will eventually start a thread showing the parts that go to Carlisle, FCBO regulars get first dibs and transporting to Carlisle shouldn't be a problem since that's where I plan to take most of it anyhow.
You're out of control, buddy.

intervention-group.jpg

Was a pleasant surprise have you over Jeff! I’m glad you took the time to come say hey.

Stan, I was amazed at what was loaded in the back of the suburban. Some goodies for sure!! Pretty soon Jeff is gonna be the rock auto for formals lol

Was a pleasant surprise have you over Jeff! I’m glad you took the time to come say hey.

Stan, I was amazed at what was loaded in the back of the suburban. Some goodies for sure!! Pretty soon Jeff is gonna be the rock auto for formals lol
Problem is, the Formal stuff isn't what I want to sell. I'm not really stingy with it, but I'm not gathering to flip it either. I have some stuff to get rid of, non Formal... and much of what Bruzilla gave me isn't for my cars.

Back