Thanks for the info. Thread done

• Thread starter Deleted member 220
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 220

Caution this contains bad grammar

The imperial i just got needs a carb rebuilt the original owner put a edelbrock on it and its junk id like to go back to factory but i dont know what carb to get or where to get it.
And yes i know its a termoquad need carb number and a reference on where to buy

20181031_143927.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1975 Imperial has several different carbs possible:

9009S Thermoquad Federal Emissions
9010S California (Early)
9051S Canada
9063S California (Late)
9069S California (Late, second option)

Some of these are currently for sale on E-Bay, note that these carbs had issues with warping, good cores are sometimes hard to find. Another option would be to use and after market Eddy t-quad.

Dave

If you are planning to keep the car I would highly recommend a set of FSM's and a parts manual. You can get them on EBay pretty cheap or you can get a paper copy or a CD at.....

www.autobooksbishko.com

If you are planning to keep the car I would highly recommend a set of FSM's and a parts manual. You can get them on EBay pretty cheap or you can get a paper copy or a CD at.....

www.autobooksbishko.com
Thanks for the info
If i were to keep it id spend the money on fuel injection i really like it. Putting The thermoquad on is more economic for reselling

From what I've seen when looking for TQuads in the "rebuilt/replacement" market, there are only a FEW part numbers and they are more universalized now than not. 360-440 in engine application.

IF it has an Edelbrock AFB, then it either has an adapter plate under it (Holley square bore carb to Spreadbore intake manifold OR the intake manifold has been changed from the OEM spreadbore to some type of Squarebore intake manifold, so no spacer plate is needed.

Best to see what's under the carb BEFORE proceeding! Holley has a "Brawler" series 4160 squarebore carb series out, with some very good pricing, as does the FITech founder and his FST squarebore carbs. Very good pricing on them, too!

If you desire to get all of the vacuum lines hooked back up, you can do that with a non-OEM carb. They either hook to "ported vacuum" or "manifold vacuum". Only issue might be the EGR vacuum source, but that could be "dummied up". Might need some plastic vacuum trees/splitters, in some cases. OR a multi-tap manifold vacuum fitting on the intake manifold, if it's not already there. There should be a multi-color decal under the hood with the hose routings. If not, then a FSM would be needed for that information. Once you realize where the vacuum hoses got and where they came from (ported or manifold) AND their respective sizes, it all can be much simpler to deal with, by observation.

CBODY67

Last edited:
So you are saying you may just sell it? What would it take to give it a new home?

So you are saying you may just sell it? What would it take to give it a new home?
I dont know i drove it to the post office today and it rides so nice even with the crapy carb no power valve high idle kicks in and wont kick down.

Back