The BEST 1967 Newport Custom Sedan on the planet!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great article on our good friend miatasportscar.
I thought it was relevant to post because I wanted to prove the old adage, "His lips are moving".
24/7, 365, morning, noon, and night, and probably in his sleep.
What kind of warped, perverse, mentality could be haunting the brain of a man that is consumed in selling, selling, selling...
Mother issues...
Miataboi may be rich but I wouldn't call him a success. Just obsessed.

Looks like it's back again, also as well, too:

1967 Chrysler Newport Custom
00h0h_fQz8vEDsKiQ_600x450.jpg
00505_IDg6nMaKDm_600x450.jpg
00H0H_9utz9xrHBp5_600x450.jpg
00101_b8FTaN2ytEn_600x450.jpg

All I can say is wow after reading this thread. Ive worked with these types been to their "Training" Seminars read their books and the common theme is that its all about the "Deal". The getting not the having - its almost like an addiction trying to relive the "High" they get from closing some poor schmuck into a ride. There is no high like riding the " Can do no wrong" wave for these guys but when they crash it gets ugly. Im all for capitalism in all its glory but the wolf of auburn hills schtick is over. Today's customer is better informed better prepared and usually well aware of the Cadillac Man tactics. The Art of the Deal today is best Google Review wins not best plaid suit. Otherwise its like Alec Baldwin said ABC always be closing - 1st place Cadillac Eldorado 2nd place set of steak knives 3rd place Your Fired! Those days are dead time to bury it!

Talk about the thread that just wont die...
Thanks guys, I never would have dug this one up. The old flipper, is just doing what he knows... I hope I'm as full of piss and vinegar in a couple decades. As much as I cant stand flippers, I respect that is all some guys have done or know how to be. I really cant stand the wannabe flippers... WTF are they thinking... oh yeah... TV.
Someday this poor Newport will find a home that loves it... at least they seem to think its too valuable to sleep outside.
One flipper I worked with thought everything was negotiable... he tried so hard to keep his used cars away from me in that dealership. For the 6 months or so he was there as the sales manager, he would buy the sorriest cheap cars at auction he could get a deal on, then forge the certified used car paperwork. Almost every day I would get asked to come fail one of his cars. I failed two truck loads he bought from auction one time. Any structural repairs failed... and all he bought was new, low mile wrecks made pretty. He really tried to have his way with the young guys in the shop, he finally settled on having his own used car department in service so he could press those idiots into his halfassed BS, after we threatened to rat him out for forging the paperwork.
Most of us hated working there, but couldn't easily leave for one reason or another. The only reason that dealer didn't get shut down was a political misstep by the manufacturer who needed the owner to stay in business.
My reason... shoulder surgery... took about a year to get it approved by insurance. Then I had to wait it out until I felt sure I could go elsewhere and not smack into the pre-existing condition issue.

This car is about two hours south of me. I may go look at it at some point to satisfy my curiousity. I've had a steady stream of work projects down that way. It would be interesting to see what kind of guy bought that Newp from the miata wonder.

Speaking of which, Gerry? Are you out there?

We miss you here.

Don't laugh.....

I'm still thinking about opening "Combat Bob's - Mid-Atlantic Flipping"

I'm all for it... it will give you a chance to get that garage space you've been wanting if nothing else.:)

From the CL ad..
Mint Conditon Mopar Garage Kept
39,000 Original Miles
V8 383, Automatic
White 4 Door Sedan
Turquious Interior
New Tires and Dual Exhaust
A Must See to Appreciate
A True Gentlemans Car
Calls Only
(914) 474-9525
WTF does that mean? A True Gentlemans Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back