The Formal Photo Thread

Some really nice cars posted on this thread. Here is a 77 Royal Monaco Brougham I bought 2 years ago. It was sold new in Las Vegas and spent about 40 years there before going a couple of hours up the road to southern Utah. And that's where I bought it from. It's an extremely rare 440 2 door. The previous owner did a lean burn delete on it and added Cal Custom valve covers. The interior is in excellent condition. Only negative I have found is the original vinyl top is dry and cracking.

View attachment 511020View attachment 511021View attachment 511022
DAMN, She's a nice clean on huh.. Great score.. Drive and enjoy. How bout more pics? Interior etc?

DAMN, She's a nice clean on huh.. Great score.. Drive and enjoy. How bout more pics? Interior etc?
interior3.PNG

interior2.PNG
interior1.PNG
interior4.PNG

wow, original floormats.....take them out of the car and spray liberally with "Armorall" or a similar product and let it soak in for a day or so. Wipe off the excess and your faded maroon floormats will be as dark as the seats (as new).

Have to say that although the full pillow top leather seats of Corinthian leather in Formals are visually striking and comfortable, my preference is cloth or velour.
Picskies, your interior is superb ! Wish I had it in mine.

75-DH43M5D.jpg

Thanks! It's not an easy read, but this is what I can make of it:

L31 L81 N88 END
V1W U G11 H51 K5X L25
EW1 F4X9 000 930 XXXXXX
E63 D34 DH43 M5D XXXXXX

Manual airco, cruise control and Light Package.

With a Scheduled Production Date of September, 30 [1974], it is a relatively early 1975 model. Do you have another way of knowing the VON and VIN? Maybe you can read the MDH off the door sticker?

(You see, complying with one request generates follow-up requests, sorry!)

View attachment 513676

Thanks! It's not an easy read, but this is what I can make of it:

L31 L81 N88 END
V1W U G11 H51 K5X L25
EW1 F4X9 000 930 XXXXXX
E63 D34 DH43 M5D XXXXXX

Manual airco, cruise control and Light Package.

With a Scheduled Production Date of September, 30 [1974], it is a relatively early 1975 model. Do you have another way of knowing the VON and VIN? Maybe you can read the MDH off the door sticker?

(You see, complying with one request generates follow-up requests, sorry!)
I'll try to get these to you today

wow, original floormats.....take them out of the car and spray liberally with "Armorall" or a similar product and let it soak in for a day or so. Wipe off the excess and your faded maroon floormats will be as dark as the seats (as new).

Spraying anything with Armoeall is a great way to ruin it!

I knew having a child would come in handy! We have crayons everywhere!!!
Great idea though, thanks!

So it IS a September, 1974 car. Its build finished in the early hours of September, 21, well ahead of its Scheduled Production Date.

It's closest known relative is a Gran Fury Brougham:

PP29M5D119431, SPD 919, MDH 091613

that was on this site some years ago.

Wow. It sat for 4 months before it was purchased, and never really moved. Only four miles on it at time of delivery.

20220207_122437.jpg

20220207_122930.jpg

That's a great article. I've read other threads that you've been a big part of, I think the biggest issue with sales is the same issue we face today. Not discounting a chip shortage. The price of gas. Which ( in my mind ) directly effects cost of living. When the housing bubble burst in 08 and gas shot to $3.94 per gallon, the highest in this area, I was driving my 94 Impala SS. Even though it gets pretty good mileage for a big car, It was still $65.00 to fill it up and i could go 4-5 days on it and that's it. I purchased a 96 Geo Prism and drove that poor car to death. Sold it with nearly 300k on the dial and it still got 33 mpg. If we go back in time to 1975, my father was 22 going to xray school and driving a 68 427 vette. He said when gas shot to .75 overnight it nearly killed him. Being young and single he adapted. If he were married with kids and a mortgage the idea of gassing up an American barge from any brand would've have been a daunting one. Sales, new and used must've suffered across the board. Most of the used cars in America still didn't get great fuel mileage, not to mention very few of the new ones.
Thanks again for the info.

Back