The rag, critter and doba adventure

Dang! I'm going to have to make this a road trip on the retirement list!

Google Maps
Earth view of the yard.

flatla.jpg

I know they're too far gone, but part of me wants to save so many of those cars. Dang.

Last edited:
Looks like there were at least two. Don't know the condition, though.

View attachment 90320 View attachment 90321

You zeroed in on the moldings Peter. I need the right side but would take a rust free left side also. My Wagon was pretty rust free. I had no idea there would be a problem with the moldings until I removed them when painting the car and found they had rusted through behind the stainless trim.
DSC02544 (Large).JPG
DSC02546.JPG

One threaded stud at the very rear of the molding, (3/8 nut on the inside), and it will slide out from behind the front molding.

10 hours later and the first of many pieces we collected Friday is ready for its transplant. Has some nicks and scratches but it all works. Tore it all down cleaned the connections and replaced all the bulbs and verified the fuel gauge works while the one in the car doesn't (see this thread)
66 300 Cluster f*#@ed??

Painted all the needles so I can actually see them and removed the blue lamp covers as I can't see in the dark like I used to..

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

10 hours later and the first of many pieces we collected Friday is ready for its transplant. Has some nicks and scratches but it all works. Tore it all down cleaned the connections and replaced all the bulbs and verified the fuel gauge works while the one in the car doesn't (see this thread)
66 300 Cluster f*#@ed??

Painted all the needles so I can actually see them and removed the blue lamp covers as I can't see in the dark like I used to..

View attachment 90573 View attachment 90574 View attachment 90575 View attachment 90576 View attachment 90577

You got balls, working on the dining room table :D

But it's so much fun to poke at/provoke them. (I was raised by one, have a sister that is one, and married one, so I can feel your pain.)

Unfortunately mine has a poorly done patch panel right where the loop should be....:(
trunk.JPG

Spent the day with Critter 300Rag and 1Fury1 uncovering Critters other barnfind...time for another restoration thread Critter??
IMG_5712.JPG
IMG_5739.JPG
IMG_5730.JPG
IMG_5746.JPG

Back on TOP OF the you suck list Critter

Back