The Sheriff

Needed to go to the pool supply store down the road about 4 miles so I decided to take the Monaco. Trip out completely uneventful. Got the supplies I needed, and left with a mind to head home. Stopped on the way to get some gas. Threw some 93 octane in it and left.

As I'm leaving I say to myself, self, it's a nice day, the wife has the kid at a puppy play time for the new dog. Why not take a little spin? Yeah we'll go see the guy who kept an eye on it while it was in storage while the house was being built. He isn't around so I have to punt the idea.

Decided to take a trip down a two lane road that'll take me out near my gun club. Maybe I can drive the beast out there from time to time?

In the end I spent about an hour solid on the road. Hit a top speed of 84.9mph, and a moving average of 60mph. Nothing really spectacular to speak of. Kind of felt like it's been driven everyday for the past 20 years. Not so much as a stumble from a stop. Brakes are bedding in, stopping well now, stopping straight, I have confidence I can stop it when and where I want. No leaks in the new lins and connections. No overheating, temps stayed pretty low considering I don't baby anything.

Gunna drive over to the inlaws next week when they get back from Denver just to prove to the old man it can do it.

:)

Oh yeah with the new rear tires, the 3.23's, at 60mph it's turning 2500rpm. I did find a drone at 2900. Maybe not a drone but it gets louder. about 3100 it goes away.

Oh yeah with the new rear tires, the 3.23's, at 60mph it's turning 2500rpm. I did find a drone at 2900. Maybe not a drone but it gets louder. about 3100 it goes away.
Who cares? IT"S ALIVE!

it's been alive, just on life support. It's at least moved out of the ICU. I'll consider it in rehab at this point. Got new front tires on order and I think I'll replace the upper ball joints as I have a torn boot on one.

When I had the lowers out when I was making the brackets for the wilwoods there was no noticeable play. They felt pretty solid not like a clapped out joint that's had a ton of miles.

I may just do the inners and outers too. I know I need bushings, but it's not something I want to tackle this year. I want to play a little before I take it apart again.

Might also send the original transmission out to be cleaned so I can rebuild it and put it back in.

it's been alive, just on life support. It's at least moved out of the ICU. I'll consider it in rehab at this point. Got new front tires on order and I think I'll replace the upper ball joints as I have a torn boot on one.

When I had the lowers out when I was making the brackets for the wilwoods there was no noticeable play. They felt pretty solid not like a clapped out joint that's had a ton of miles.

I may just do the inners and outers too. I know I need bushings, but it's not something I want to tackle this year. I want to play a little before I take it apart again.

Might also send the original transmission out to be cleaned so I can rebuild it and put it back in.
The important question here... is can she get to Ocala in November?

Two things I've learned in the recent past, unless I'm being paid I don't commit to a time frame. I committed to Power tour 2016 way back in 2014 and got nowhere near even where I am today

Second I never say never anymore. I was never going to move to FL, was never going to own a minivan, I was never going to watch football again, was never going to have another hangover... so there are things I would like to not have to partake of/in but I've learned my lesson about saying never.

Soooo maybe.

Last edited:
Second I never say never anymore. I was never going to move to FL, was never going to own a minivan, I was never going to watch football again, was never going to have another hangover... so there are things I would like to not have to partake of/in but I've learned my lesson about saying never.

Man ain't that the truth! After reading your post I stopped to think about my life. I am totally surrounded by things I would never own, never buy. never use or never even think about. I must be living in never-never land!
:rofl:

no kidding. I wished I was rich enough to live on a golf course... And that internet 4 speed hood scoop fame...

You're so handsome I have that famous painting Pam did of you hanging on my wall over my monitor. I look at it when I need inspiration.

Ran outta straight two lane road. If not we would have seen tripple digits today..

Screenshot_20180824-130440.png

Back