The toys that made a difference to you...

Some of my toys, having reached obsolescence required a careful procedure to .. "inspect" .. their internal parts for wear and other interesting features.

66-78.jpg

Wow!!! This thread brings back so many memories, so many different toys it's hard to pick a favorite. I see things in posts and it's like I had that or my friend had that. Thanks for the memories.

Didn't go back through the entire thread, sorry if it is a repeat, but I wore the paint off the sides of my Hot Wheels on Thunder Shift 500.

hw753.jpg

I just made a post to another thread -- vintage mopars ads -- and just noticed something when I actually read it.

10.jpg

I did NOT have this set ... I remembered the pic because a neighbor or a cousin (not sure anymore) had it.

1.jpg

I've seen the Plymouth racing set, but I had no idea that they made a Dodge set too.

I had a few of these. Plastic, about 3-4 inches square, you slide the tiles around to make the depictions.

Ya gotta be a certain age to have had these when popular (40+ yrs old now maybe?) Some with numbers, others like this.

This one? i remember well. Here's why.

Hours of frustration and NEVER got the bottom right puzzle. i was NEVER convinced any puzzle was impossible like bottom left was advertised -- mathematically how could it be? Its like saying Rubik's cube is impossible - math says its NOT -- its just complex.

Anyway, worked on my Popeye puzzle for a year (age 10-11 thereabouts) and then it .. uh .. "fell" and hit the wall. Flew right outta my hand!!

Seriously
00-3-3.jpg

All solutions were possible after after that -- Popeye standing on his head, Batman in place of Wimpy, etc.. :)

00-1-0.jpg

This toy Krazy Kar, I loved but my big sister 6 years older tried to play with it and broke it. It was so much fun.

s-l400.jpg

Back