The Ugly Duckling

live4theking

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
First things first. I'm not one for naming cars, but it rained almost the whole day when I went to get this car.

It was 2 hours to get there, 2 hours to load and 2 hours to get it home... plus other shenanigans - all in the rain.

Anyway the clock shows 50 some thousand so I'm sure it's 150k. It seems like they drove by braille because every corner has a ding of some sort. It has a couple of areas of rust that will need attention; one on the drivers quarter and one on the deck lid. The interior is all there and intact, but faded. My only disappointment is that it doesn't have the lower stainless trim, I'll have to start looking for that.

The pictures are after me and the kids spent some time cleaning the years of dirt and grime from it. It really needs washed inside and out again. Today I started rebuilding the factory carburetor, but ran out of time.

IMG_5259s.jpgIMG_5250s.jpgIMG_5251s.jpgIMG_5252s.jpgIMG_5253s.jpgIMG_5254s.jpgIMG_5256s.jpgIMG_5257s.jpg

IMG_5259s.jpg

IMG_5250s.jpg

IMG_5251s.jpg

IMG_5252s.jpg

IMG_5253s.jpg

IMG_5254s.jpg

IMG_5256s.jpg

IMG_5257s.jpg

Tilt-a Scope column, Power Budd brakes, A/C, Big block...got a well option car there congrats.

Last edited:
Nice, congrats!

Nice some great options. Good luck with your carb rebuild.

Stan,
I posted a picture of it in the Mirror Mirror thread before it was mine.

The carb rebuild went fine. Running a line from the fuel pump to a can of gas she runs. I need to tune it yet, but it runs on it's own now.:yaayy:

I think that the tank is bone dry. Would you drop the tank and inspect it or just try putting some gas in it?

live4theking; I think that the tank is bone dry. Would you drop the tank and inspect it or just try putting some gas in it?[/QUOTE said:
Dropping it and cleaning it will save you a load of grief later on.

Back