The world's only RHD 77 New Yorker Brougham

Mr C

Reaction score
My friend in Australia is nearing the end of his odyssey converting his 77 NYB to RHD. He still has some interior tweaks to do, but it's 99% complete and roadworthy.

He did this one right and it's a testament to his skills. I thought you guys would appreciate what he's gone through...heck it's hard enough just restoring C bodies, nevermind making significant modifications.

To my knowledge it is the only RHD 77 NYB in the world.

1625628_10151867866097273_1237923203_n.jpg

1960115_10151867872382273_2131569574_n.jpg

1948094_10151867870662273_2054378880_n.jpg

1723556_10151867867757273_1433582140_n.jpg

I LOVE any NYB that is the "only one in the world". :D
Kudos to your friend.
Knowing that dash intimately, I find that incredible.

Look at that!
Even moved the window, and door lock controls like it was built that way.
Looks like he even got a reclining driver's seat out of it too.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
good question, looking through some images I dont think so. The keys are all on the right so I guess not. It would however feel strange shifting with my left hand.....

Power right hand seat is kind of rare too. Only 10% of NYB's have them.

Roof rail seals look brand new. :eusa_think::eusa_think::eusa_think:

No. The pedal setup is the same on a RHD vs LHD, and the ignition and shifter lever are also in the same spots. They are not reversed.

That would be weird to drive. I have been to countries where they drive on the "wrong side" but only in cars that aren't here or I don' give a crap about, one of these classics would definitely be strange. Car looks nicely done, that is an incredible amount of work to fix something that technically wasn't broke.

That's odd about what is said about the RHD vs LHD, as far as American cars go. In 1991, I drove a '69 Barracuda fastback that was built in the US for the UK market and was sold new there. It was a console shift car, but the ignition was on the right side of the column on the dash and the pedals were as they are in US (LHD) cars - gas on the right and brake on the left.

The reason I mentioned what I said above was a RHD '71 Fury I also saw in England at the same time. All of the controls were as in the US, as well, on this car. It was a column shift automatic, with the ignition and shifter exactly as a LHD model. Oh, well, shiite happens...

YO Mr C. I thought the government of OZ had a time rule on that "thou shall convert law" of 25-30 yearz? Am I wrong? I saw and got a ride in ah converted '57 cadillac elderado biarritz in the '80s that waz cool beyond wordz, and an unbelievable pedestrian head turner

YO Mr C. I thought the government of OZ had a time rule on that "thou shall convert law" of 25-30 yearz? Am I wrong? I saw and got a ride in ah converted '57 cadillac elderado biarritz in the '80s that waz cool beyond wordz, and an unbelievable pedestrian head turner
I don't know anything about Australian automotive licensing regulations. My friend lives there and wanted his NYB to be "normal" ...for there anyway...and did the conversion. Amazing job in my opinion.

Back