SOLD Thermoquad Carb 800 cfm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see nothing about any core charge on the Summit link.
There was no core charge when I purchased. The carb mentioned by MARCH is a different carb. The TQ I have is more of a performance carb replacement and is NOT a lean burn carb!
The price Summit has listed, $305 is what I paid.

There was no core charge when I purchased. The carb mentioned by MARCH is a different carb. The TQ I have is more of a performance carb replacement and is NOT a lean burn carb!
That's good to know.

The $232 carb IS NOT a lean burn carb. Lean burn carbs have no vacuum advance port and lean burn did not exist in 1975.

The $232 carb IS NOT a lean burn carb. Lean burn carbs have no vacuum advance port and lean burn did not exist in 1975.
You may be correct IDK, however, my point is that the carb I offered and provided a link for is not the same carb that you provided link for.

After some research when I bought one of these last year from Summit Racing I learned that the primary difference between their thermoquads is the rebuilder and the core charge. The less expensive one is rebuilt by UREMCO for a specific application, however it will fit others. The more expensive one that you have is intended to replace any 73-77 thermoquad. Unfortunately Summit wouldn't tell me who rebuilds the more expensive one.

Both carbs are rebuilt thermoquads; one is not significantly different than the other. They tried to tell me that one was a performance carb, but when I inquired as to the specific difference, they offered explanations that didn't pan out when I called back to verify that information.

OK, Price reduced to $175......ANYBODY?

Funny I ran upon your Ad.. I'm in the market.. Let me take a look at my TQ tomorrow and make sure yours will fit my 75 440. Linkage and all.. If so.. I'll take it. Shipping to 10006? NYC.

Funny I ran upon your Ad.. I'm in the market.. Let me take a look at my TQ tomorrow and make sure yours will fit my 75 440. Linkage and all.. If so.. I'll take it. Shipping to 10006? NYC.
Looks like about $18 to your zip no INS.

NOT Lean Burn! The link to Summit's site is still good and has the full description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back